I'm also in shock

jackchimono

Minor Deity
Mar 31, 2006
Bishop's Stortford
www.myspace.com
A few months ago I recieved my subscription copy of Total Guitar Magazine, and opened to the "20 tracks to download this month" page. There, at the number 3 spot, was none other than Assaulter!

Then, the next month, they had a "Metal Summit" feature, which included input from Jamie! Chris said he also gave an interview for that as well, but for some reason they didn't include anything he said. Jamie had some cool things to say though. :headbang:

jackchimono said:
A few months ago I recieved my subscription copy of Total Guitar Magazine, and opened to the "20 tracks to download this month" page. There, at the number 3 spot, was none other than Assaulter!:

:headbang:

jackchimono said:
Then, the next month, they had a "Metal Summit" feature, which included input from Jamie! Chris said he also gave an interview for that as well, but for some reason they didn't include anything he said. Jamie had some cool things to say though. :headbang:

Yeah they both got interviewed, maybe they'll use Chris's Question & Answers in a future issue:)

Ok then, but Kerrang had better not get pissed at me.

"BIOMECHANICAL, THE UNDERWORLD, LONDON KKKK
Metallic dementia claims an unspuspecting crowd
Bands take note: if a crowd furiously demands an encore and you're short on material, playing the entirety of 'The Imperial March' from Star Wars, followed by a hyperspeed cover of Slayer's 'Raining Blood' is a very good way to ensure everyone leaves with a stupid-looking permagrin on their faces. The Underworld may have been half-closed tonight, the poor attendance likely due to the terminally underated tragedy of Biomechanical's 2005 debut 'Empire Of The Worlds', but fuck it. Rewind an hour and there's no mystery why their wickedly futurist take on power metal may have been overlooked. Biomechanical are your hyperactive, hangover-resistant friend begging you to go for a jog at dawn after a bender. They're about more than mind-bending technical prowess and a singer who sounds like Rob Halford and Satan's love child. The stupefyingly dense and accelarated melodies coming off the stage right now, from the finger-breaking blitz of 'Enemy Within' to the window-shattering heaviosity of their debut's title track, sound like seemingly impossible musical circus acts. It's a stuning display, but then Biomechanical are completely ahead of their time. Catch up with them if you can"

I've just noticed that review seems to imply there was hardly anyone there - that's not really fair but there we go. I guess they liked it which is good.

profskett said:
I've just noticed that review seems to imply there was hardly anyone there - that's not really fair but there we go. I guess they liked it which is good.

Yeah it's weird there were alot of people that night! Still at least they liked the performance:)

the gig at the underworld was just beyond fucking awesome. Though it was pretty funny having John accidently hit me at one point during the night. Felt a bit uncomfortable having John's crotch right next to my face too :zombie: :lol:

maliciousteve said:
the gig at the underworld was just beyond fucking awesome. Though it was pretty funny having John accidently hit me at one point during the night. Felt a bit uncomfortable having John's crotch right next to my face too :zombie: :lol:

:lol:

maliciousteve said:

Yeah that gig fuckin ruled. Near the end Chris pulled me up on stage. I didn't stay there long though, cos John actually kicked me off! Awesome gig!:headbang: