I'm probably going to buy the next In Flames release

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I've always wanted to hear "Lunar Strain" with a decent production, you know, at least where each song is at the same audio level... :tickled:

Confirmed track listings for each are noted as follows:

Lunar Strain - Behind Space, Lunar Strain, Starforsaken, Dreamscape, Everlost (part I), Everlost (part II), Hargalaten, In Flames, Upon an Oaken Throne, ad in Shadows, In Flames (demo version), Upon an Oaken Throne (demo version), Accoustic Piece (unreleased), Clad in Shadows (demo version).

Subterraean - Stand Ablaze, Everdying, Subterranean, Timeless, Biosphere, Dead Eternity (feat. Jocke Gothberg), The Inborn Lifeless (feat. Jocke Gothberg), Murders in the Rue Morgue (Iron Maiden cover), Eye of the Beholder (Metallica cover).

Both records have been completely remastered, reworked with new artwork and each contains bonus material previously unavailable on the earlier limited release of each recording.

Well, the sound is not that different. If its the same booklets as the european versions that are already out (since a year or so), it's a shame because they didn't print the lyrics. It's a piss-poor mans reissue.

JayKeeley said:
(feat. Jocke Gothberg)

NICE. I'll probably buy this, just because I am a Lunar Strain fanboy. Something tells me that all of the original atmosphere will be mutilated, but regardless of my fears, I am still interested in hearing the new sound and the tracks that I have not yet heard.

Well, I don't know about any other re-releases, but this is news to me. I've been looking at this "upcoming release" at The Omega website for about a year now...so here we are at last, massive press releases being sent out etc. The thought of finally getting an album that screams for it's production to be fixed is potentially huge....

Tranquillian said:
Well, the sound is not that different. If its the same booklets as the european versions that are already out (since a year or so), it's a shame because they didn't print the lyrics. It's a piss-poor mans reissue.

...or maybe not. Fuck.

Fuck re-releases, I have the original Lunar Strain for trade. All I want is Behemoth - From the Pagan Vastelands CD (either pressing is ok) from it.

so this is like the re-issue of Stormblast, eh? Just a pointless re-issue to make a few bucks. Fuck off In Flames and the label.

I've got some old 2 on 1 issue from Regain Records with the cover of the planet with those red squiggly lines. Works and sounds fine for me.

You see, all I have is the regular Lunar Strain/Subterranean re-release, with no fun bonus tracks or anything. This is as good an opportunity as ever to get all of the other junk.

Lunar Strain is the only album I don't own by In Flames. And seeing as though I have recently dusted off the Jester Race, to much delight. This release looks like the perfect opportunity to complete the catallogue.