Imagika....Local Bay Area Band.....Update!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
IMAGIKA To Enter Studio In January - Dec. 4, 2003

San Francisco power/thrash metallers IMAGIKA will enter Prairie Sun studios in Cotati, California to finish tracking their fourth their fourth album, tentatively due in early 2004 through an as-yet-undisclosed label. "All new vocal tracks and bass will be laid down," reads a post on the band's web site. "There's also going to be some more guitar since the arrangement have changed a bit with Norman [Skinner] the new vocalist reworking all the tunes. Everything sounds great and we can't wait to get the tracks complete so we can get into the mixing stage which we'll do again in Texas at Sonic Ranch were the whole thing all began. [Producer] Neil Kernon will be doing the mix. Expect 12 tracks of straight up METAL!"

Among the songtitles set to appear on the upcoming CD are the following:

01. In Your Shadow
02. Hexed
03. Devils on Both Sides
04. Last Battalion
05. Dead-Eye Stare
06. Back to the Beginning
07. I Still Dream
08. Spellbound
09. Voice of Prejudice

In other news, IMAGIKA have announced the addition of second guitarist Pat Toms to the group's ranks. "[Pat has] been a friend for years and now that his previous project PUNISHER is on hold, he's agreed to take on the gig," the band write. "He's a Bay Area metal vet with tons of experience and brings a nice heavy touch to the band. Tons of guitars now! We've been looking for the right guy for awhile and we finally found him."

Upcoming IMAGIKA shows:

Dec. 16 – San Francisco, CA @ The Cat Club (Lucifer's Hammer) (w/ BROCAS HELM, BOMBTHREAT)
Jan. 23 – San Francisco, CA @ The Pound SF (w/ AGENT STEEL, THANATOPSIS)

From BlabberMouth.Net

Along with an amazing Girl Bass Player named Elena(and friend of mine), they are a really good Bay Area Band.....heres their link: http://www.imagikametal.com/news.html

I also see they are playing with Old School Bay Area Natives, Brocas Helm, band leader Bob Wright(Guitar Player),and old time friend).........Bob and I were in the same class at Riordan High School(all boy private Catholic School).......Back then he played in a Led Zeppelin cover band called Presence, lots of parties we used go to.....boy he must be as old as I am, but still plays a mean guitar......I'm not going to miss this show, I have'nt seen him in years, Brocas Helm was one of the first bands to give us that World Famous Bay Area sound, along with other bands like: Anvil Chorus, Laaz Rockit, Warning, Exodus, Metallica, etc.....The Bay Area still alive & well.....!

I'll be there, on the 16th, but I've never been to the Cat Club...Any good?

I really like And So It Burns, but The Conflict off Worship is my fav song from them...

Insania said:
I'll be there, on the 16th, but I've never been to the Cat Club...Any good?

I really like And So It Burns, but The Conflict off Worship is my fav song from them...
The Cat Club is so tiny.......small does not even describe it........it's on Folsom on the left, right past 8th street......

dude, go to the 1/23 show.... Bomb Threat is a band made up of guys from Heathen and they do NWOBHM covers. I think Thaen is in the band as well (ex-Control/Leviathan)

Update from the beginning of January.....

A quick update on the recording. After Len finished her tracks(killer by the way, most tracks were almost first takes with a few punch-ins. Len's a bass monster!) Norm nailed 6 vocals that weekend in about a total of 4-5 hours. Pretty damn impressive since there was a lot of layering of vocals and such. His new nickname is Metal Chameleon since he is able to switch between many different vocal styles. It's a nice touch to the CD since it gives it a lot of different sonic and melodic flavors. New Boy Pat "Puni" Toms was up next and ripped a few killer leads to make the guitars on the CD even more intense. The guys a fuckin' insane shredder! Wait till you hear the trade off leads we did on a tune called "Still I Dream" Guitar Mania! I was up next and I just had to add some additional guitars to finish off a couple of new arrangements. Not bad for one weekends work. Norm will get the next 6 tunes done this month and we can finally schedule the mix. I think all our fans will be surprised with the CD when done because it's even impressing me! And that's hard to do with my own shit. Stay tuned................

Steve-Imagika
===

This week....

Vocals are now done! Norm (Sparky) did a splendid job with the aid of Mooka's famous water and a Bic lighter applied to the proper glands at the right time and busted the last of the 6 tunes out. All we need to do now is nail down ol' Mr. Kernon for a mix. So with his usual "busier than Jesus at the Crucifixtion" schedule we should have it done by 2010! But, seriously everything went according to plan and sounds great.

-Steve
===

Upcoming Shows Update 2/10/04
Here are the next set of gig's we have coming up! We look forward to seeing ya there!

February 20th

Agent Steel, Imagika, T.B.A.

Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
2765 Clayton Rd
Concord, CA. 94521

March 1st

Imagika, T.B.A.

Aptos Club
7941 Soquel Dr.
Aptos, CA. 21 and over

March 20th

Exodus, Borderwars, Pain Factor, Imagika

2765 Clayton Rd
Concord, CA. 94521

OfficerNice said:
Update from the beginning of January.....

Upcoming Shows Update 2/10/04
Here are the next set of gig's we have coming up! We look forward to seeing ya there!

February 20th

Agent Steel, Imagika, T.B.A.

2765 Clayton Rd
Concord, CA. 94521

March 1st

Imagika, T.B.A.

Aptos Club
7941 Soquel Dr.
Aptos, CA. 21 and over

March 20th

Exodus, Borderwars, Pain Factor, Imagika

2765 Clayton Rd
Concord, CA. 94521
One of the T.B.A. bands on Feb 20th will be Winter Reign. Hope to see some of you at the shows! :headbang:

-Mark

xenophobe said:
:headbang:Awesome! I used to love listening to them when we had the studio next door to them.

In Redwood City? What band were you....on the left or right towards
Sleize E Sleize's office?