IMAGIKA to Premiere New Song and CD Cover for “Portrait Of A Hanged Man”

fossil

May 9, 2003
IMAGIKA will premiere the song “Scared To Death” and CD cover exclusively through Metal Rules.com on Monday, January the 18th for the upcoming Metalville release “Portrait Of A Hanged Man”

Comments Guitarist Steve Rice: “Metal Rules and Evil G have been huge supporters of the band since the beginning and we wanted to show our appreciation by premiering the opening track “Scared To Death” from our new CD through the site. This song is a good ass kicker and definitely sets the tone for the rest of the CD… Heavy, fast and melodic!”

Evil G from Metal Rules says: “Imagika were one of the first bands that sent their material to me for review way back when Metal-Rules.com was still taking shape back in 1997. They set the bar very high for what I expected for other indie/debut releases and continued to impress me throughout the years. Their music has maintained its strength and vision right up to their forthcoming 2010 release “Portrait of A Hanged Man”. I'm honored they've chosen Metal Rules to exclusively feature the track “Scared To Death”. The song is a perfect example of the band's masterful mixture of aggression and melody.”

The CD Cover which drummer Henry Moreno created will also be revealed.

Henry Moreno comments on the artwork, “Well, obviously the concept had to be something to do with the CD title so I created the first piece which was a person with a noose around their neck but it didn’t have that “CD cover” feel. Metalville and Steve made some suggestions and one thing they came up with was what if the hanging man was a silhouette. I thought that was a cool idea and ran with that and really just followed the theme of the song, which is about a person seeing the haunting vision of a portrait of man being hanged that image comes to life. Metalville and the band really liked the finished product and so the CD cover was born! The original first piece is also included in the CD booklet. I really had fun with this project and I believe it’s some of the best work I have done so far. I hope the fans enjoy it as much as we do.”