Immortal cover - Battles in the North

that's pretty fucking cool. I love Immortal covers. Got any more? Care to share your PODxt preset?

I like the vocals, sounds kinda like a more black metal Mikael Akerfeldt to me. I'd be interested in playing with the Pod tone also. :p

I like the vocals, sounds kinda like a more black metal Mikael Akerfeldt to me. I'd be interested in playing with the Pod tone also. :p

That's about the best comment on my vocals I could hope for. :kickass: :oops: Really, I tried to do the Abbath sorta voice, but I just can't get to that level of ridiculousness without tearing my throat up or bursting into laughter. So I just tried to stay in the highs area...except the "ravenrealms" line. Love that line...

The patch is the Engl Powerball model. One guitar gets the V30s cab and the other gets the 75s. I don't switch any of the EQ or anything, just the cabs. Makes a nice thick tone. No special EQ or anything. I don't think I even did anything to them after I tracked 'em, except bus em to the same group and throw some compression on em. I had the POD gate set pretty high, as I was using my strat for this song that has hot rails pickups in it. Each guitar was panned pretty hard, about 90/10 for both.

i've heard that video is suppose to be really funny! could you link me to it?

nice cover anyways, love the guitar tone!

I actually found the vid in a guitar world magazine I have...it was a disc that came with the mag...I can check and see if it's on youtube...maybe upload it if it's not! The vid is pretty priceless.:Smokin: