Immortal

Umpe

Pulls the threads of dark
Aug 12, 2002
Vasteras
www.razorfever.com
Was just listening to immortals "Sons of northern darkness" and I realized that they are really funny :lol:
The rythms are good but when the "singer" puts out the line a little too early or a little too late it feels pretty non grim. Or when he murmurs just before he sings, like he got something stuck in his throat.
Are Immortal supposed to be grim or just very funny:confused: :lol:

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I enjoy Immortal very much, yes. I bought a Pure Holocaust LS shirt today. I will now be grim. Fear me. :devil:

Opethian, you're hillarious. You had me almost falling off my chair! :lol: Fear me my butt, like you're gonna fear me because I'm an Immortal fan? :p I think people would fear me more for looking too much like a metal spice girl (hence my yahoo name, metalspyce). hehehe Immortal rule! I am in the process of getting Pure Holocaust and SOND on picture LP. I wish I could find a long-sleeve Pure Holocaust shirt that'd fit me! What size did you find?

Oh, btw, Immortal is Immortal. No definition needed. :)

:D

The shirt is an XL...what other sizes of metal shirts are there? :lol:

I have found a few Immortal LPs and pic disc LPs that I plan to buy as soon as I have the money. I am just beginning to build up a nice collection of metal vinyls. I can't wait to have some black metal on vinyl. I think it'd be very fitting and sound excellent. :)

Originally posted by Squeak
Oh, btw, Immortal is Immortal. No definition needed. :)
That sums it up nicely. :heh:

I do wear it as a nightgown!!! hahaha I'm very little though, 5'4 1/2" (163 km) and 110 lbs (49 kilos). So it's difficult to find stuff my size anyway. It was very weird answering this post because when someone posted back and I got an email about it, I had an email from Saroth (Immortal's bassist) right above that in my emails!!! Friggin' weird. Okay, I'm going back to watching the rest of Braveheart now.

Ardor, if you like much more raw-type black metal, I would try Pure Holocaust first. If you don't mind a little metal in your black metal and MUCH better production, I would suggest At the Heart of Winter or Sons of Northern Darkness first. They are all good, though. But those are the best, IMO. Plus the fact that At the Heart of Winter has THE best album cover. :)

Then I suggest Sons of Northern Darkness and At the Heart of Winter. Those are the best ones with the best production. Pure Holocaust and the others before them have really bad, super raw production. It sounds great live, but on cd, if you don't know the band first, you may not like them. Damned in Black is also good, but the other two should be first (ATHW and SOND). Happy hunting! Let me know if you need any more help. :D

These guys do something better than almost any black metal band i've ever heard, and that is they capture the immense amount of energy of the music perfectly in their recordings, especially on records like Sons of Northern Darkness and Heart of Winter. When "one by one" kick starts SOND, the amount of musical energy i hear coming out of my stereo is just phenomenal and i can't help but play it as loud as possible. Don't get me wrong, i definitely appreciate the usual flat-sounding production style of most black metal, but songs like "one by one" are a very refreshing blast of pure fucking metal. this is why i hate the radio stations... they have "metal hour" and play bands like Soundgarden.. :mad:

-iz