In Flames at Wacken...

Hellion

All Life Ends
Jul 1, 2001
England
www.sonicdeath.co.uk
Fucking awesome! Fourth time I've seen them and the best! I know the pyros and fireworks were cheesy but they were still well done, the setlist was pretty good (but I still want to hear The Jester Race live!) and the band were tight as hell. Excellent!

And the R2R material definately sounds so much better live. "Watch Them Feed" was good live too.

Yeah that was one awsome show. I think every metalhead at wacken was there. Plus it was swedes all ovet the audience wich is always awesome.

Personally I thought the pyrotcnics was great. Loved it when they were counting in the last chorus of bullet ride with all the blasts. Anders really got the crowd going as well. Easily the best act at this years wacken together with Slayer.

Hi guys!

Sorry to disturb you, but I really want to post something related to In Flames gig at Wacken... The only think I can say is that it was AWESOME!!!! KILLER!!! CRUSHING!!!! "System" even made me cry, I don't know why... :cry:

Simply one of the top 10 gigs I've ever seen in my life... :headbang: In Flames was the real headliner of friday at Wacken...

And I'll catch them at summer-breeze... less than 2 weeks left... can't wait... :D

Oh, and about Slayer, I was in the middle of the crowd, and I found the sound very weak on the first half of the show... :ill: Everybody around me screamed "Louder!!!" and that... :confused:

where is here dude. if it is the US. then they do have some but the ones i have known about over the past couple years have been near me or maybe a state or two away from me.

I passed before the IF show in Wacken :(
When i woke up i ran down to the stages to se TS and what did i get? some crazy germans in skirts. Subway to Sally they were called i later heard.

kajsborv said:
I passed before the IF show in Wacken :(
When i woke up i ran down to the stages to se TS and what did i get? some crazy germans in skirts. Subway to Sally they were called i later heard.

Aww...that sucks. Personally I was pissed they replaced Iced Earth with some has been tranvestite band like Twisted Sister. Didnt watch them at wacken but I saw them at the Sweden Rock Festival and they sucked bigtime.

Gotta agree, In Flames fuckin kicked some serious ass. It was my first time seeing them, but certainly not my last after that! As far as the other bands went, Testament put on a helluva show I thought. Twisted Sister suprised the hell out of me and with the addition of Tim Owens to IE, Im glad they came instead. Slayer........well is there ever anything more comforting than thousands of people yelling "Praise Hail Satan"!? The fact that they played the entire Reign in Blood album was just fuckin awesome. That and the pits were killer! Great time at Wacken this year!

In Flames was excellent at Wacken. It's the best festival I have ever been at. Me and friends went totally crazy when they played "only for the weak", we jumped around like madmen on the loose. It was a great show with cool pyrotechnics.

Swedish metal rules!!! :headbang: