IN FLAMES Rejoined By Guitarist JESPER STRÖMBLAD At Stockholm

fonzbear2000

Jan 10, 2008
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Wearing a "Rehab Is For Quitters" shirt, IN FLAMES guitarist Jesper Strömblad — who checked himself into a rehabilitation clinic earlier in the year in order to receive treatment for his alcohol addiction — rejoined the band on stage Friday night (December 11) at Hovet in Stockholm, Sweden for the last two songs of the group's set, "Take This Life" and "My Sweet Shadow". The band performed the tracks as a six-piece, with Strömblad's temporary replacement, Niclas Engelin from the Swedish band ENGEL, playing alongside Jesper.

The sold-out show was attended by 8,335 people, making it IN FLAMES' biggest headlining show ever.

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed at the source.

Engelin has helped IN FLAMES on a couple of occasions in the past and is no stranger to the band's songs or the touring life.
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131903

They've also been playing Artifacts of the Black Rain and March To The Shore (the only song I can stand off their new album). Anders did some beastly growling live for March.. too.

Did they have someone filling in for him or something? I didn't know he seriously went to rehab. I've been so out of the loop with In Flames. Since when are they playing fucking artifacts live again?! And is it actually good?

Did they have someone filling in for him or something? I didn't know he seriously went to rehab. I've been so out of the loop with In Flames. Since when are they playing fucking artifacts live again?! And is it actually good?
Yes he has been in rehab since 26th February I think. He rejoined the stage in Stockholm and Gothenburg on Dec 11 & 12. So they were a Iron Maiden setup on stage aka 3 guitarists and it slayed as fuck! Their good friend Niclas Engelin (Engel) has been filling in for a year almost. He was also in the band in 97, but only did like half a year of touring, then left for another project. Now their world tour cycle has basically ended, doing some shows in january, but then IF will take some time off, and then record another album which will probably come out in spring 2011. Anders said they aimed to release it before summer 2011. We'll see about that though, might be earlier.

Yeah it would be nice so they'd stop bitching about and neglecting old songs and how they "sound shitty live" but really sound great.
But being a rhythm guitarist would be gay.