In need of Metal Recommendations

chromesthesia

New Metal Member
Jan 16, 2007
Boston
What I need is some old school sounding metal with thrashy aggressive guitars and drums that will make me headbang until my brain turns into milkshake. Something like Black album Metallica meets Napalm Death
I need something that doesn't have those Greenday sounding vocals too and some Metalcore with jagged rythms that is incredibly, amazingly evil and aggressive. Something like Paria or Norma Jean and Poison the Well.

Okay, heres a hint.

For metal Reccomendations, you should go to the RECCC THREEAADDDD

HURRR DURRRRR

Just throwing it out there. It's at the top, in case you're blind.

considering the mixture of metalcore and newer trash music you specified, you might like what Lamb of God plays.

http://www.metal-archives.com/
go to the search bar, change the search type to Music Genre and put
Groove Metal/Metalcore in it and search. If you like then you should also search for Post Thrash too, its very similar sounding.

Sorry ^^
Though it's kind of a huge thread and I'm looking for specifics.
*checks out everything*

Yeah, but the people there generally respond well to specific requests.

To answer your rec, anyway, you migh want to try.......

Well, I'm not very knowlegable in the area you are looking for, but the closest-to-metalcore-melodic-death I know that is good and fits your criteria would be At The Gates-Slaughter Of The Soul. It is the best thing I can think of with the riffs and stuff, that is closest to metalcore. You might like it.

What I need is some old school sounding metal with thrashy aggressive guitars and drums that will make me headbang until my brain turns into milkshake. Something like Black album Metallica meets Napalm Death
You would probably like:

Devastation - Creation of a ripping death

Witchery - Don't fear the reaper

Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide