In Need Of some serious help with my DAW plug-ins!

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
right what happens is
- and its been an ongoing thing for months - I click the plug-in to load it as an insert and its all like 'OKAI' and pretends its loaded it but when i hit the 'e' button to bring up the plug-in interface

it does nothing.o_O

It used to do this with gClip but now gClip works and it's doing it with superior drummer.

I tried it with something like glitch to see if the insert actually works and it does but the interface wont draw up?!

I used to be able to fix it by unloading and then loading the insert in again but this doesn't seem to fix it and i've even tried it in different projects. PLEASE, anyone?! I posted pretty much the same thread before but i'm really desperate as i'm supposed to be recording some bands next week and need this!

Cubase 5, last updated march 2009.

Nope and all my other plug-ins work fine its just those 2, glitch and superior...both genuine

I'm trying to reinstall superior atm and erase dll's from steinberg folder an attempt to see if it works but i did that for glitch and it still isn't working.

FML.

From the "e" button comment I am betting he is using Cubase.

And honestly, this have never happened to me, though I have heard of it happening to students of mine who have the sx3 version that everyone seems to have.

EDIT, you posted right as I was typing.

What OS are you using? If windows, I can't help. I am PC retarded

just re-installed s2.0....did jack shit

im using windows although i think part of the prolem is im running windows from a mac using bootcamp. Its XP. Superior has worked before on this lots of times, and fairly recently too. How did the sx3 users resolve this issue?

bump.

Anybody have some suggestions? Should I reinstall cubase and all my plug-ins?

Reinstalled it. I deleted the entire steinberg folder but backed up all of my vst plug-ins in another location. Downloaded a fresh copy of glitch to try and it's doing the same fucking thing. I couldn't have set it to hide or anything could i? its only glitch and superior out of tonnes of my other plug-ins. Slate works fine.

I have a feeling it remembered a lot of information about my plug-ins though because it didnt take long for cubase to recognise/register them during its initial start up. Can i reset this or reset folder location or something? I thought it might just be a corrupt file.

I'm ready to fucking kill something.

edit:

what's even more FUCKED is if i load one of my old projects that already had glitch in it...IT'LL OPEN!!?!
BUT FOR SOME REASON... not when i make new projects?

Hey man, i was having the same problem yesterday with cubase 5. I was so confused but after a while i noticed that cubase had "widened" its workground by itself but there was a scrollbar at the bottom of the screen and all the plugin windows were going to the area witch is not visible. Sounds funny but thats what happend to me.

mick: It's cool bro I got glitch to work in my other projects and I ran superior in Reaper and it works. What im going to do from now is run all my drums in superior 2.0 and just bounce them down when im ready and import them to cubase. It'll probably be more efficient that way. Until I find a solution or this method gets unbearable.

Sedit that sounds like what i've been looking for. I thought that might be it but i searched the workground. Did you just alter those 2 scrollbars to fully each side? where were yours sitting.

and also sedit. It's not ALL my plug-ins that go there. It's just superior and glitch

I can post you a screenshot when i'm going to the studio today, it's hard to explain with my english. I have the "proble" only with 8505 plugin, and yesterday was the first day it happened other plugins are working great!

-Matias

Ok, I took the screenshot.
First you have to make the session small and then you can scroll the scrollbar of cubase and there was the plugin window hiding. Hope this helps :)

cubasesample.JPG

i tried this but still i couldn't find anytyhing at all. I will take a photo of my setup to show you but this does sound like a similar problem to me! i have no idea where it is hidden because ive looked in all layers all over the screen,