In need: Very good notch EQ

AboutBlank

Nov 27, 2009
Berlin, Germany
I need a very good Eq, mainly for notching.

Since my go-to notch is runned out of testing time I wanna replace him with a very CPU friendly one. The only thing I need is a graphic design(for me it's useful) and 6 bands.

I'm pretty close to buy a Voxengo Gliss Eq, the price seems very fair and I've heard just good things...

Any other suggestions or secret tips?
It shuld be in that Gliss pricerange(95$)

THX

Jannik

Thanks Carlos,
I know that one from former days(The first steps, who everybody uses some Waves) ;)
But can't remind exactly how this fucker sounds...

That would be a cool option cause I'll buy the SSl bundle anyways.

Is the R-EQ really a CPU saver?

I never had any problems running a LOT of instances of it on my old pc which was only a single processor

as for sound .. I really loved its sound because it's very transparent but somehow seems to add a smoothness and sweetness to upper mids and highs ... doesn't do much to bass, negative or positive

ren EQ sounds really good, I like it a lot. I know all that crap about eq plugins sounding the same, but I swear this sounds MUCH better than cubase's stock EQ, that one sounds harsh as fuck

Thanks Carlos, thats good to hear. Just downloaded the RenMaxx Bundle Demo and will check the shit out of it:)

I know, but I def think that there a differences, anyways, strange discussions going on...

I decided to not buy any Nebula stuff.

Man man, the SSL bundle fucks up my pc...
All meters are so slow and the responsiveness is fucked up.

IF you're going the ren EQ route you might as well get some other plugs with it:

http://www.audiomidi.com/Musicians-II-Native-Bundle--P5480.aspx

USD$117

holy shit! I might have to get this.

I just hope there's no issue with my waves Tune plugin ... I got that a while ago and never bothered to update it cause I'm still on PT 7.4

I had heard that there could be an issue when using the newer versions of waves plugins with older ones

If I have to I'll just update it but I'd like to not throw more $$$ around than I have to

EDIT: Nevermind .. just checked and I would indeed have to update

Do anyone have the same problem?!:

The waves plugin(demos) are slowing down my pc, it's not even funny.
It's like a 15 year old pc, the meters and the general response is so fucked up after loading some plugs, even 3 REQ's fucking up my machine...

The CPU meter in Cubase is fine, the hard disk meter also...

Remember, downloaded directly from waves with ilok code and stuff.

If I can't fix it I cannot use waves. shame.

Please guys,
there have to be someone with similar problems...

Googled the half of the day and found nothing.

The Waves plugins are slowing everything down, impossible to mix, C5 crashes also(except the Faderport, strange...)

How to make Waves work? <_~\--[]}/--~_>