In the Silence: A Fair Dream Gone Mad

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I always go into a musical funk after the festival. I simply have no desire to hear anything. It takes something really good to pull me out of it. In the Silence are that band.

Riverside & Katatonia fans take heed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found them myself. I listened to the entire disc on Spotfiy, and was sad when it ended. I am currently fixing that sad with Reinxeed's 1912. ItS is god damned fantastic and I'm happy they're in my backyard. Can't wait to see them live.

Agreed, it is a good album, especially since I don't really like the other bands mentions, Riverside and Katatonia. It think its because while "In The Silence" is moody and atmospheric (Ken calls it Doom Metal), it has some great crunchy guitar and the progressive melodies that lock into a pocket (guitar, drums and bass). Simply put, they have fantastic grooves with tight playing ... and I don't mean funky grooves.

My only complaint, and its minor, is the CD is short on packaging and the disc is a high-quality CD-R.

They'd be a great band for the showcase/kick-off slot.

They'd be a great band for the showcase/kick-off slot.

I wasn't there for Oceans of Sadness, but I wonder how a band with a sound like this would go over. From what I've heard of Riverside, these guys are definitely more on the Katatonia/Agalloch side of things. I would've loved to have seen Katatonia announced for the main festival. I just wonder if this could be a new barrier breaker for the show. Is it strong enough? Would the average attendee 'get' it?

I'd hope so, I'd love to see a band with this kind of talent represent.

Man, you really know how to get my attention - Riverside and Katatonia?!?! I have to check these guys out! Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm so pissed that I missed Katatonia in Baltimore last night. They were with Devin Townsend. I totally messed up on the date. Katatonia is definitely high on my list of must-see bands! So is Wolverine, but someone has already taken care of that! :)

Dig it a lot! Am I way off base by saying that the first song has an Anubis Gate feel to it? Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

I've been playing the snot out of this album on my radio show for the last several weeks and have had nothing but great responses to it. It had to grow on me a little bit, but it is one of the best releases of the year in my old and clouded mind.

I wasn't there for Oceans of Sadness, but I wonder how a band with a sound like this would go over. From what I've heard of Riverside, these guys are definitely more on the Katatonia/Agalloch side of things. I would've loved to have seen Katatonia announced for the main festival. I just wonder if this could be a new barrier breaker for the show. Is it strong enough? Would the average attendee 'get' it?

I'd hope so, I'd love to see a band with this kind of talent represent.

Oceans of Sadness was brilliant. They went over very well. But they are a much faster and energetic band (more akin got Rainfall).

Riverside went over perfectly fine.

Amorphis didn't go over as well as they should have, being that they are one of the best bands to ever play at ProgPower.

I'd be interested in more of this at ProgPower. Thanks for the links Harvester.