Independent Music Stores: good places to find metal

Wounded Land said:
The Newbury Comics in Nashua, NH has claimed an UNGODLY sum of money from me over the past year. Good DVD selection too.

jhallum, where are you from?

NP: Redemption "The Fullness of Time" (purchased at Newbury Comics!)

Ann Arbor, MI.

But we used to live out in Waltham for more than a few years, and my wife's family is in Central MA, so we stop and visit about 2x a year. It's never good for our checkbook, because we HAVE to stop at a CD store. :)

booB said:
There's still Ultrasound Music (which moved from Mentor to Eastlake this summer). I regularly find some pretty cool stuff in their used bin as well.

Ooo, will have to check it out o_O.

Other than the aforementioned Newbury Comics there is Armageddon Shop in Providence RI and RRR Records in Lowell for Underground music, both have great selections and RRR is actually a noise venue... also in Maine and NH is a small indie chain called Bull Moose Music which has large sections of Metal, Punk, Noise and Jazz that are seperated instead of being Rock/Pop and also huge used Bins

Atlanta has dick-all for used metal specialty shops, but Deathgasm Records up in Marietta has surprised me with their selection of new metal CDs -- it isn't all grindcore stuff, nor is it just bands on their label. Definitely oriented toward the brutal side of the genre, though. \m/

Riceloft said:
There used to be 4 Quonset Hut stores in the Cleveland and Akron area that were great for prog and power metal. Sadly, they closed down last year.

Whats up Riceloft,
I am from Parma too! I used to buy all kinds of cds from Quonset Hut. That blows that they closed down. Ultrasound music in mentor is my new source, they have a great selection for prog and power metal.:headbang:

Hey! I talked to one of the guys in your band at ProgPower V before either Brainstorm or Pain of Salvation. Gave me your CD and stuff, but it doesn't work, its all staticy =/. I don't remember the name or instrument though. I also caught you guys openning for Sonata. You guys have lots of potential :D.

So 2 votes for Ultrasound music so far. Looks like I'll be looking for it this weekend!

Joe-× said:
I shop there from time to time. My kids are always scared in there. They've got an amazing selection of emo as well.

Joe
Yeah.............scary but still cool.:headbang: Too bad all the metal is way in the back of the store.