Influenced?

Jaim

Unleashed
Oct 25, 2002
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
I wonder....did Hypocrisy ever influence any people on here enough to make them pick up an instrument? Or atleast somewhat, if you know what I mean. Personally, I've been grunting 'n growling for about 5-6 years now and when I first heard Peter's high-pitched vocals I realized I had to bring more variety, so I started experimenting with my vocals...yeah, if you're wondering, I can reach a pretty high pitch or so I've heard lol I just think, again personally, that Peter incluenced me on the vocal department greatly. Then again, not many vocalists have...

Well... I know at least one person who has taken influence from Hypocrisy. But I believe it´s with the music, not the vocals that much. About picking up the instrument I do not know, but developing ones skills I´m sure of.
I myself don´t play an instrument. One day I´d like to have the courage and sing in a band. BUT, I´ll never make it in the same range as Mr.Tätgtren, ´cause of my gender, hehe.

Me and my band DENIED wrote a song which is obviously influenced by Hypocrisy, lyrically and musically. The song is called "Invaded" and the Intro-riff is 100 % Hypo-like!
We try to record it soon, and you´ll get the chance to hear that one!

Deathrow said:
Me and my band DENIED wrote a song which is obviously influenced by Hypocrisy, lyrically and musically. The song is called "Invaded" and the Intro-riff is 100 % Hypo-like!
We try to record it soon, and you´ll get the chance to hear that one!
Sounds good :D

lumitalvi said:
@Jaim: okay, so when I´ll get up on a stage with a band someday, you´ll be the first to know ;)
:cool:! thanks, I'll hold ya to it!! ;)

I'm doing the vocals in a band as well. When we started the whole thing we wanted do play something like old Metallica but we got harder after some time, so now we are more like real Thrash with some Power Metal influences from the early days.
However, my vocals became more aggressive as well and tend to sound like Anders Friden of In Flames or Chuck Schludiner on The Sound of Perseverance and of course Peter Tägtgren, since Hypocrisy is my favourite band and Peter my favourite Death Metal vocalist. I'm trying not to copy him too much but you can clearly recognize the origin of some long screams (Fire in the Sky! Do I need to say anything else???). I have to add that I prefer Peters newer vocals, where he does more screaming than growling!

Hypocrisy is one of the main reasons I play guitar and sing(growl, scream) for that matter. I'm not trying to say Hypocrisy does simple riffs, but they are easy to do, but still very wonderful at the same time. Which means I can practice them over and over without a hassle. I am extremely influenced by Hypocrisy, I look to them when I write a song, not to copy, but it is close to them. They are like Atmospheric Death Metal, with the keyboards, and such. It is just incredible, the music they create. One of these days I'm gonna record Deathrow (No Regrets) or Killing Art...and I'll put it on here. Hope I didn't say anything that offended the band. I try my best not to :Spin:

paINflames said:
I'm doing the vocals in a band as well. When we started the whole thing we wanted do play something like old Metallica but we got harder after some time, so now we are more like real Thrash with some Power Metal influences from the early days.
However, my vocals became more aggressive as well and tend to sound like Anders Friden of In Flames or Chuck Schludiner on The Sound of Perseverance and of course Peter Tägtgren, since Hypocrisy is my favourite band and Peter my favourite Death Metal vocalist. I'm trying not to copy him too much but you can clearly recognize the origin of some long screams (Fire in the Sky! Do I need to say anything else???). I have to add that I prefer Peters newer vocals, where he does more screaming than growling!
The idea of your band sounds good. :D Now that you've mentioned some names, Chuck Schuldiner was one of my first influences, along with Max Cavalera and more surprisingly, Corey Taylor. Of course there were and are more, but that was basically my 'start'. About Peter's vocals...I agree and disagree at the same time, sometimes I listen to the new stuff and kind of miss his old style...would be a nice idea to mix it in between on a new album, especially (for example) his vocals on the song 'Reincarnation' which I find really amazing (I've practised along with it plenty of times.. :lol: ).

Jesterace said:
Hypocrisy is one of the main reasons I play guitar and sing(growl, scream) for that matter. I'm not trying to say Hypocrisy does simple riffs, but they are easy to do, but still very wonderful at the same time. Which means I can practice them over and over without a hassle. I am extremely influenced by Hypocrisy, I look to them when I write a song, not to copy, but it is close to them. They are like Atmospheric Death Metal, with the keyboards, and such. It is just incredible, the music they create. One of these days I'm gonna record Deathrow (No Regrets) or Killing Art...and I'll put it on here. Hope I didn't say anything that offended the band. I try my best not to
:lol: I'm not sure if that would really offend the band. And the way you describe their riffs, I know what you mean. They are far from the most technical yet it doesn't really matter because it sounds good (note: Max Cavalera once said that the Sepultura songs were very easy to play on guitar what the riffs concerned but at the same time he liked it that way, simple, because it simply sounds good). There are people that always get annoyed with simple riffs...because apparently to them it lacks originality, something that can be discussed about for a long long time....pretty ridiculous.

I think I got your idea and when listening to The Arrival I, too, think that some more grunts low wouldn't do the record any harm. But we'll get those on the new Bloodbath I guess after having heard the song at their HP.
Concerning my band: we're going to play at a local band contest and we were told that all the gigs will be recorded and for 50 Euros the bands can get their songs mastered. So if the whole thing works I'll post a link to our HP, which should go online soon and we'll upload a song or two for the ones who care to take a listen!