influences!

I would guess: Katatonia, Paradise Lost, The Cure, My Dying Bride.

We all have slightly different influences, but you can add Anathema, Opeth, Death, Eucharist, early Metallica, early Amorphis, early Tiamat, Septic Flesh, Dissection, Sentenced.. and many non-metal influences - The Cure, Pink Floyd, David Sylvian, and I can go on and on. There aren't just a couple artists, but many.

For drummers, Peter Stjärnvind (Unanimated/Entombed) and Eucharist-era Daniel Erlandsson have been favorites of mine.

We all have slightly different influences, but you can add Anathema, Opeth, Death, Eucharist, early Metallica, early Amorphis, early Tiamat, Septic Flesh, Dissection, Sentenced.. and many non-metal influences - The Cure, Pink Floyd, David Sylvian, and I can go on and on. There aren't just a couple artists, but many.

For drummers, Peter Stjärnvind (Unanimated/Entombed) and Eucharist-era Daniel Erlandsson have been favorites of mine.

Ofc you listen to more, I was just stating the obvious ones :)

This man knows where it's at! :headbang: You made me play "Ancient God of Evil" again right now! Definitely gonna buy the re-issues of the Unanimated albums when they come out (should be next month). Such a shame I couldn't go to Party San to see them (and Bloodbath of course)..

BTW, Erlandsson is also great on the 2 In Flames songs he played on ("Ever Dying" and "Stand Ablaze"), but then, that was in his 'Eucharist era'..

Eucharist "Wounded and Alone" :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Erlandsson is also great on the 2 In Flames songs he played on ("Ever Dying" and "Stand Ablaze"), but then, that was in his 'Eucharist era'..

Eucharist "Wounded and Alone" :headbang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EARsI1Cx56E

Totally agree. He dominates on that W.A.R. Compilation Vol 1, as there are both those early In Flames and Eucharist songs. Got that when it came out, and his drumming still blows me away. Listening to Wounded and Alone takes me back to being 16 or whatever.. Don't meet many people who even know of Unanimated or even Eucharist nowadays.

Totally agree. He dominates on that W.A.R. Compilation Vol 1, as there are both those early In Flames and Eucharist songs.
Word!
Got that when it came out, and his drumming still blows me away. Listening to Wounded and Alone takes me back to being 16 or whatever.. Don't meet many people who even know of Unanimated or even Eucharist nowadays.
The W.A.R. Comp. is by far THE most awesome and most-played compilation album ever in my possession! Also got it as soon as I saw it announced. Wounded and Alone is probably my absolute favourite Eucharist song ever, I even love the sound which many people will call 'underproduced', I love the purity and 'nakedness' of it. Pretty much every band on there is great. Mourning Sign is another one of those shamelessly ignored bands on that CD, their first mini and first full-length are great! Seriously original stuff.

Billy Gould is awesome!! One of the best bass picking bassists (after Justin Chancellor of course) and Dave Ellefson is also a real good rythmic musician, his bass lines give life and power to many megadeth songs. Hey egan sorry I keep bothering, but Im curious, you use any pedals/effects in studio or live?

Billy Gould is awesome!! One of the best bass picking bassists (after Justin Chancellor of course) and Dave Ellefson is also a real good rythmic musician, his bass lines give life and power to many megadeth songs. Hey egan sorry I keep bothering, but Im curious, you use any pedals/effects in studio or live?
Yeah, Chancellor is fantastic too, it's just that Tool's stuff is so different what he does is in some ways inapplicable to what I do. Regarding pedals, I run bass-->tuner-->amp live. In the studio I always split the signal and do a track using my sansamp BDDI.

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! U BETTR GO 2 DA BURN WARD... 2 CUR DAT BURN!!!!

Mendez and Justin are in my top favorites for bassists. The thing that bothers me about Justin though, is that his bass parts are almost always the same. I know quite a few Tool songs on bass and they're all in the same key and all played in the same position. You know: open d, note on the g, open d, etc.

Jake

p.s.

MMMMMEEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Word!The W.A.R. Comp. is by far THE most awesome and most-played compilation album ever in my possession! Also got it as soon as I saw it announced. Wounded and Alone is probably my absolute favourite Eucharist song ever, I even love the sound which many people will call 'underproduced', I love the purity and 'nakedness' of it. Pretty much every band on there is great. Mourning Sign is another one of those shamelessly ignored bands on that CD, their first mini and first full-length are great! Seriously original stuff.

It was great to see both of them had some spotlight in the Swedish Death Metal book though. I still have Daniel Liljekvist's copy that I borrowed when I was living up there :lol: Anybody else read it? In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead and A Velvet Creation were seminal to the DM scene to come IMO.

Most people rave about Velvet Creation, but i.m.o. Mirrorworlds is doubtlessly Eucharist's masterpiece, I don't understand why it's so under-exposed. Velvet Creation for me is hard to enjoy because of the disastrous production, it's their least enjoyable work i.m.o.