InnerSiege - LIVE @ The Rutledge - Nashville, TN - 3 Vids

Jeremy Ray

Vocalist - InnerSiege
Apr 25, 2011
Peoria, IL
www.innersiege.com
Greetings friends !

We played The Rutledge this past weekend in Nashville. There was a live video feed, I know a few of you caught. Thank you !

In case you missed it, here are three videos. Enjoy !

Children of Winter

Iron Lotus - Instrumental

Fight On

Thanks guys !
Hope to see you at Ragnarokkr in 2013 !

Jeremy - InnerSiege

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wish you would have posted here that you were playing Nashville.
One of my best friends lives there, who is into metal, but doesn't really keep up with the current scene.
He possibly would have come.

Cool you got to play there.
YOu will have to let me know how the venue was for a metal show.

Last time I was down there most of the venues seemed more catered for country (obviously) and more hipster/modern type of bands.

@ Diabolik - Cool ! We are excited to get with like minded metal fans at Ragnarokkr. We will be ready for it ! :)

@ Jasonic - We had it posted in various places, but since we are unknown or not cool, we dont get thread bumps, so our posts get lost after a day or two. It's hard to keep track. Hopefully, that will change for us.

As for The Rutledge - First impressions, decent sized bar. Seating capacity of 200 -ish. Standing room 300-ish. Sound booth is in a good spot. Right in the center - back of the floor. Elevated seating w/ tables and chairs in the back. They have the capability to live video and audio feed to the internet as well as record live DVD or Audio. The sound guy seems quirky at first - it IS HIS venue to run sound and he knows what works in the room. He's friendly but knows what he wants and will let you know if he's had enough of your crap. He mixes well and keeps everything at a good volume. Lights and Haze Machine all provided. Enclosed smoking court yard and outdoor bar. Upstairs green room, small, but able to change clothes in. Parking is a tad bit of an issue currently, there's road and building construction currently going on. Very easy load in and load out. Friendly staff. The side walls in the venue are padded with a dense , rubberized wall covering / sound dampening. Thick curtains surround the stage. The stage is approx 20 - 24 ft wide by 16ft deep. Easy on / off with gear. I would TOTALLY play there again. The only down side I could see was if you were a band that overly relied on monitors, you may have to make an adjustment. The house monitors are smaller ( our band has bigger ones ) .. BUT .. There are like 11 Crown Amps running the house sound so its very clean ! I dig it !

Hope that helps !

Ooooo... YUUMMMM.... Buffalo Chicken ... Dang it... Im craving now. Thanks ! :)

We probably should get uo to Chicago ahead of time to help the event. Ill check with ouyr schedule and see if theres anything we can do. I am pretty sure we are booked on our open dates... but Ill check.

The show was a benefit fundraiser to help some homeless people there in Nashville who live under the interstate bridges. We have known the coordinator of the food / clothing outreach for many, many years. It was a no brainer for us when we heard about it. We are metalheads, but we arent heartless ! Ha ha

A band called Theocracy was a co-headliner with us and a local Nashville band called Oblivion Myth played as well. I dont remember when, but Theocracy played ProgPower USA preshow one year. I dont remember which. I wasnt there.

@ Diabolik - Most Excellent ! I will check with the guys and see what our departure time looks like. It's not that bad of a drive so getting their early shouldnt be a problem. I am sure they will want to know how early we can get there or when is an acceptable time to arrive. Since we dont play till late, not sure what they will be thinking as far as time management. Will there be a sound check schedule or a load in and let'r rip kind of deal ?

We should hold Ragnarokkr South at the Brass Rail!

BTW - The videos look good. Seems like the crowd dug it too.

Who else was on the bill?

This is a brilliant idea. However, the Brass Rail had some problems and I think they lost their liquor license. I think they have it back now.

Olórin might be playing a show in Eureka (10 miles east of Peoria) at the Eureka Bowling Alley with some other local Peoria bands. It would be cool to have as many bands as possible playing. I know that we'd draw a decent crowd, mainly from my friends who attend the college there, and some of the local metalheads (dudes in Waco Jesus) will probably come.

As far as I know.. the Brass Rail is good to go. I know they are booking shows like mad !

There is another venue getting ready to put a twist on the scene ... GoodFella's in Pekin. They have opened up their backroom and can now have upwards to over 200 in there, I believe. They are wanting become THE venue for live music.

I can certainly ask if having a fest there is even in their interest. I'll be there Friday Night with my guitarist Kevin. He owns K2 Sound and Staging. He's running sound for the 105.7 show that night.

I'll ask. .. No Promises .. But at least we'll see what the water feels like.

@ Diabolik - Most Excellent ! I will check with the guys and see what our departure time looks like. It's not that bad of a drive so getting their early shouldnt be a problem. I am sure they will want to know how early we can get there or when is an acceptable time to arrive. Since we dont play till late, not sure what they will be thinking as far as time management. Will there be a sound check schedule or a load in and let'r rip kind of deal ?

I think it is going to be more of a load ina nd let'r rip deal. Mike is trying to find out when bands can start loading in. Second I find out I will let you know and if you feel like getting there early that would be great because you guys out of all the bands that day seem the more "tech savy" so you could be a great help in getting stuff set to have the best sound in there.

You guys should contact Reggies about getting on the Pain of Salvation / Kingcrow show. Or get a hold of Milton who put the tour together from the ProgPower forum. I think you guys would do huge at that show.

As far as I know.. the Brass Rail is good to go. I know they are booking shows like mad !

There is another venue getting ready to put a twist on the scene ... GoodFella's in Pekin. They have opened up their backroom and can now have upwards to over 200 in there, I believe. They are wanting become THE venue for live music.

I can certainly ask if having a fest there is even in their interest. I'll be there Friday Night with my guitarist Kevin. He owns K2 Sound and Staging. He's running sound for the 105.7 show that night.

I'll ask. .. No Promises .. But at least we'll see what the water feels like.

Alright, well let us know if you are interested.

@ Master Yoda - Ok, from what I can gather by asking around ... The Goodfella's owners arent interested in " Managing " any events that come to their place. They want to be approached with ALL the details of a show, have it presented to them, then they nod yes or no.
Basically, they are willing to provide a venue as long as the only work the owners have to do is, provide the venue. If all the details are worked out and someone else manages getting bands in, transportation, etc ... they are willing to hear any show / festival offer.

The explaination I got was, they have been in the business for 20 years and dont have the stomach for micro managing shows anymore. So, if all the details are together and all they have to do is open their doors ... it looks like they might be interested in hearing out festival promoters.

@ Pate - DUDE ! I will do my best to get up there early. I dont see why we wouldnt. I just dont know when. We'll know more the closer the time gets.