INSANE Brazilian guitarist

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
You have to see this crazy Brazilian guitarist (Fernando Miyata - anyone know more about this guy?), watch it all to see all the styles/tricks he pulls out (2 handed harmony tapping, flamenco goes Metal, awesome tapping stuff, triplet thumb picking, all sorts of other craziness):

Sound on this one is overdriven but still...

More:
http://www.youtube.com/user/blacklotus007

www.escolaprorock.com

Last edited:
He's got some chops and some nice bag of tricks....but its doesn't say much interesting overall musically...unlike guys like IA and Bumblefoot who can "wow" you and still write a good tune at the same time.

Yeah there are a lot of guys doing this sort of thing on YouTube,
technically great but needs to be more than just a vehicle for chops.

David Valdes is a player I've been listening to recently, very influenced
by Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore and Paul Gilbert. Not for
everyone obviously, it's still music for guitarists but if you like this type
of thing check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got some chops and some nice bag of tricks....but its doesn't say much interesting overall musically...unlike guys like IA and Bumblefoot who can "wow" you and still write a good tune at the same time.

yep i agree here

go up on youtube and you'll find hundreds of people sitting at their webcams playing some very difficult shred licks, but at the end of the day the guys with the hooks still come out on top. thats one reason why satch, vai, and those players are still at the top of the guitar scene ya know? thats also why jason becker is so popular among this crowd, because not only was he fucking fast, but he had some seriously killer hooks in his tunes, and thats what these guys lack. there arent many of jason beckers tracks that dont leave a lasting impression on you, when taking in terms of shredders at their webcam, i can hardly remember what even just played ya know?

to each their own, i just think the genre could seriously be helped if some players had more direction thats all, and thats not to bash any of them, cause they all kick ass, seriously, its just when it comes to the catchy side of things it seems like they fall a little short.