-Insert awesome introduction-

Rock Howard

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2006
Hondo, TX
Hey, obviously, I'm new here, and I am also a beginning left-handed guitarist.

I started playing guitar last year around October on a cheap and old acoustic I've had since I was five (tons of scratches/bangups, already a cheaply made acoustic with strings never replaced and was missing an A string)

For Christmas, I finally got a -real- guitar, an ESP M-50 Left-Handed LTD (electric, obviously) which I adore. I also got a Marshall 15 watt MGDFX amp. I have been playing for about three weeks, and while I feel I've made a drastic improvement since November, I am obviously still a beginner.

So if any of you out there play, if you can give any advice on how to do solos/arpeggios/pull offs/hammer ons and alternative/speed playing-picking, it would be much appreciated.

hey, with the speed/solo playing, when your standing bring the guitar closer to your chest and lean back just a bit and with the fret board it takes a lot ov practice

Practice your scales daily, do tons of trills with all fingers and generally, at the stage you're at, repetition is key.

When learning solos, learn in pieces and play each part slowly ..don't try and play fast; the speed will come soon enough. When you know all the parts, piece them together and of course .. just keep up the practicing and work on becoming fluent .. make the jump from one note to the next as fluid as possible.

It takes years to get good, but it's worth it .. learn the songs you know you can play now, and slowly find bigger challenges.