Inspire me! Dammit!

Crapples

May 21, 2006
NSW, Australia
Here's the deal. I consider myself a cartoonist of sorts, and I want to draw some metal themed gags/sketches. But I'm at a loss! My mind is full of blank-iness. So I figured, what better a place to get to some inspiration/ideas than a forum plauged with highly knowledgable metalheads :)rolleyes:).

Basically what I'm asking for is ideas. Based on real people of the metal world, made up characters, stereotypical 'metal stuff', much use of the word kvlt, and necro. Inclusion of violence in any form is encouraged. And if the finished result can fit into 3 or less panels, or better yet, just the one (much like Farside), all the better.

So yeah... hope that all made at least a little bit of sense. :loco: To prove I'm not planning on churning out pictures drawn in Paint, here's an example of my work which I drew earlier today.

blackhg3.jpg

scene 1: the guy you drew above walks out onto stage, looking casual and vague - crowd is quiet OR crowd is cheering (depending on which way you go in scene 3; take the opposite here)

scene 2: he leans on a speaker, grabs a mic and as his jeans stretch, his knob flops out of a hole in them.

scene 3: crowd starts cheering OR crowd goes quiet.

inspired by:
bm1.jpg

a modern warship is reflected by moonlight in calm waters as an ancient warship.

what looks like a storm gathers on the horizon behind it, but within the clouds are the specters of soldiers with weapons raised.

standing at the prow of the ship is a man with an indescernible face, reflected as a god.

partially visible beneath the surface of the water is a ruined city.

a seagull has flown over the man, pooping on his head, ruining the whole awesomeness of the scenario.

scene 1: the guy you drew above walks out onto stage, looking casual and vague - crowd is quiet OR crowd is cheering (depending on which way you go in scene 3; take the opposite here)

scene 2: he leans on a speaker, grabs a mic and as his jeans stretch, his knob flops out of a hole in them.

scene 3: crowd starts cheering OR crowd goes quiet.

inspired by:
bm1.jpg

:lol:

is there such thing? as a pretty metal chick? well, at least one who plays metal?
is there such thing as a hot female comedian either? no? yeah, no doubt.

definitely the simpsons copied you man.

but seriously, the far side is awesome. i always wanted a far side cartoon television show or some shit.

Alright... anyone here know much about indie music? Reckon you could come up with 2 paragraphs or so worth of prententious sounding bullshit about indie music, and perhaps bag metal in the process? (perhaps in the format of a debate or something?) A cookie for whoever can do this.

ok, it's not very metal, and probably wouldn't fit in 3 panels or less, but there's this dude sitting in his filthy living room, on a nasty couch, smoking crack in an impaled nazarene nihil t-shirt and dirty underwear, satanic metal blasting from some speakers.

he hears a 'knock-knock' at his door, and he's paranoid, so instead of opening the door, he asks through it, "who's there?'
to which a voice replys, "Sue."

he's confused, he don't know no Sue, so he says, "Sue who?"

"TSUNAMI!"

at which point a huge tidal wave bursts into the house, sweeping him off and drowning him.