Intel i7 2600k vs 3930x Which one?!

Pash

Jan 1, 2011
Bournemouth UK
I'm currently upgrading my project studio. I'm going for the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface, an SM7B for Screamed Vocals, Unsure of a good Singing mic, but most of all, REALLY stuck on the Processor.

The genre I record most is heavily synth/orchestra orientated, Chango/Sturgis type xCurrentxCorex shit. I use multiple instances of Omnisphere, Nexus, Kontackt and Slate a hell of a lot. I was thinking 8gb or 16gb of Ram. However, I don't really know if the 16Gb is going to be overkill.

I want to have a good headroom for expansion track wise, so I can run a
"We Came As Romans" amount of plugins smoothly and safely! Ha.

I've been using a 2600k for basic production and "4 track hardcore bands" at my local studio, but I've never tried to push it further with the stuff I produce myself.

I'm torn between the 2600k or a 3930x processor. What are the advantages with the 3930x over the 2600k? Could I run an absurd amount of plugins with the 2600?

Thanks in advance guys!

i have never exhausted my 2600k. not even with 100+ with a plug or more on most.

never tried the 3930. but ýou have to have a big project for it i guess.

On a budget, grab a Studio Projects B1 or C1 for sung vocals. Or a TB1, T3 if you have a bit more cash and want something warmer.

I know, OT but I thought I'd throw in my two cents on the other matter :p