INTENSE - "The Shape Of Rage" - Releasedate: 21st of Oktober 2011

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
INTENSE are an English Power Metal-band with five musicians, which celebrate already their 20th anniversary this year, although „The Shape Of Rage“ is just their third full-length-album. Before that seven demos and one EP have been released.

„The Shape Of Rage“ is the debut on Pure Legend Records and contains nine tracks with a complete playing time of slightly over 50 minutes. As a conspicuous influence in some songs Iced Earth have to be mentioned, because the British have a lot of classical, precise and fast played gallop-riffs in their songs (best example: „Save Me From Myself“), but as well a more European Sound. Also in calmer passages the British are a tight union, which can be heard in the half-ballad „For The Fallen“.

The voice of bandleader Sean Hetherington sounds very melodic and powerful, in addition to that the material has a very independent flair. Also there are very dominant and even mandatory Iron Maiden-influences, which can be recognised clearly in some twin-guitar-passages. Sometimes there can be heard short keyboard-parts, but very enigmatic and completely inconspicuous. „The Shape Of Rage“ was produced at the Thin Ice Studios together with Karl Groom of Threshold, who already has worked on the two previous albums „Second Sight“ (2004) and „As The Army Grows“ (2007).

A nice piece for every friend of melodic Power Metal-outputs!

Intense-Cover-400-72.jpg

Coverartwork by Felipe Machado (AXEL RUDI PELL; BLIND GUARDIAN etc.)

Tracklist:

1 Anubis 4:47
2 The Elemental 4:02
3 One Man's Word 5:26
4 For the Fallen 5:47
5 Save Me from Myself 5:28
6 Lie 5:11
7 Haunted 5:47
8 Skull of Sidon II (The Final Stand) 8:39
9 The Shape of Rage 6:31

Total playtime: 51:38

http://www.purelegend-records.com/media/image/128/gallery/_ABG4868 mit Logo 800-72.jpg

Line-Up:

vocals - Sean Hetherington
guitar - Nick Palmer
guitar - Dave Peak
bass - Stephen Brine
drums - Neil Ablard

INTENSE at PURE LEGEND RECORDS

"The Shape Of Rage" at PURE LEGEND RECORDS