Interesting Article, would anyone in Sweden Care to comment?

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - More than 200 animals, mostly horses, have been sexually abused in Sweden since the 1970s, the country's animal-protection agency said Friday in its first report on bestiality. The government commissioned the study after reports sexual abuse of animals could be on the rise in Sweden.

Most of the cases were reported by veterinarians and police after 2000, the study said. But it was not clear if sex with animals had become more common or if people had become more likely to report it, it said.

Authors of the report noted Sweden has not outlawed bestiality, as has Canada, Britain and some U.S. states. Abusers can only be prosecuted if the animal is physically injured.

The study found 209 cases of sexual abuse of animals, including 161 involving horses, 18 dogs and 17 cattle.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/04/29/1019168-ap.html

Any comments from the peanut gallery? ;)

-MetalRose

Hahaha! Hope people won't get strange thoughts about us swedes now. :) But, hey, isn't it normal to sexually abuse animals? :p

MetalRose said:
Any comments from the peanut gallery? ;)

There's this one (vegetable instead of animal) that was found to be untrue:

Police arrested Malcolm Davidson, a 27 year old white male, resident of Wimbledon, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 pm Friday. Davidson will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication at the County courthouse on Monday.
The suspect allegedly stated that as he was passing a pumpkin patch, he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around here for miles. At least I thought there wasn't." He stated in a phone interview from the County courthouse jail.

Davidson went on to state that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Davidson apparently failed to notice the Wimbledon Municipal police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure." Said officer Taylor. "I walked up to (Davidson) and he's . . . just working away at this pumpkin." Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Davidson.

"I just went up and said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?' He got real surprised as you'd expect and then looked me straight in the face and said, 'A pumpkin? Damn . . . Is it midnight already?'"

Wheezer said:
There's this one (vegetable instead of animal) that was found to be untrue:

Police arrested Malcolm Davidson, a 27 year old white male, resident of Wimbledon, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38 pm Friday. Davidson will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication at the County courthouse on Monday.
The suspect allegedly stated that as he was passing a pumpkin patch, he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around here for miles. At least I thought there wasn't." He stated in a phone interview from the County courthouse jail.

Davidson went on to state that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need."

"I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment. In the process, Davidson apparently failed to notice the Wimbledon Municipal police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure." Said officer Taylor. "I walked up to (Davidson) and he's . . . just working away at this pumpkin." Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Davidson.

"I just went up and said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?' He got real surprised as you'd expect and then looked me straight in the face and said, 'A pumpkin? Damn . . . Is it midnight already?'"

LMAO. Strangely enough, I'm not surprised, but just goes to show there are alot of weird people in the world.

No-Mercy said:
well thank you for this, my english teacher just read that....luckily shes pretty cool.

You're quite welcome. ;) Times they are a changin'. If I'd had internet access when I was 13 I would have gotten into a lot more trouble than I did. :Smug: