Interesting Interview with Kiko Loureiro (Angra)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
The interview was pretty interesting in my opinion primarily for one reason.

SpazioRock: But you know that many fans would like to see Angra back with André Matos, even for just one concert. Then, what do you think about that?

Kiko Loureiro: Yeah, that's a good idea. You should ask André! I know everybody likes this and even the younger fans would like to see this. It's normal. You see with The Police and also Bruce Dickinson had to come back to Iron Maiden. Everybody would like to see The Beatles back. I'd like to have Jimi Hendrix to play for me, too. I know everybody wants to see live the music they hear or heard, the pictures they see ... To see people playing. But that doesn't mean it is going to be as good as it was. But yeah, why not?

I don't recall the last time (if there was one) where either side has responded positively about the possibility.

*I can still dream* (though I love Angra with Edu, seeing Angra with Andre would be the ultimate goal of my musical life)

It would be cool to see them with Matos again, although i detected a bit of sarcasm in his response.

On another Angra note I just heard from a friend of mine whose band was asked to be local support that Angra is coming to AZ with Sepultura next year. This is on top of the two CA dates already scheduled in January. I don't know if that means a full US tour is planned though.

It would be cool to see them with Matos again, although i detected a bit of sarcasm in his response.

You know, I was wondering if I was reading into something that wasn't there, but I guess I wasn't the only one. That being said, if he were against it, he would've simply said "It won't happen."

jem777az said:
On another Angra note I just heard from a friend of mine whose band was asked to be local support that Angra is coming to AZ with Sepultura next year. This is on top of the two CA dates already scheduled in January. I don't know if that means a full US tour is planned though.

Do you have a date yet? As far as I knew, Angra was only gonna do those two dates and then return later in the year for an actual tour with Sepultura and perhaps another Brazilian band *hint hint*. I hope it becomes concrete.

Do you have a date yet? As far as I knew, Angra was only gonna do those two dates and then return later in the year for an actual tour with Sepultura and perhaps another Brazilian band *hint hint*. I hope it becomes concrete.

I didn't get a date from him, but next time I talk to him I'll try and find out. Who's the other band? Hibria or Mindflow maybe?

As part of his response to being asked about the possibility of playing with Andre again he said, "I'd like to have Jimi Hendrix to play for me, too." That hardly made it sound likely.

I seem to be in the minority here who doesn't like Matos-era Angra. Someone about that guys voice just irritates me. I couldn't listen to them until Edu took over.

*shrugs*

PMA said:
Does anyone know why Aquilles Priester left the band?

1000 faces said:
I assume he was shown the door because Confessori wanted to come back.

Well, that's not the reason why he left the band. Let's say that there were two to three reasons (according to what I know, and I could be slightly off base).

If you remember, Angra went through some management problems a few years ago, and the name of the band was involved in it. They had to go through quite a long legal battle with their former management. At that point, Aquiles was already not really acting as a member of the band. He was essentially a hired musician, but wasn't contributing to the band at all.

Apparently, he wanted to focus on his own band, Hangar. He was getting a lot of press himself and a lot of recognition outside, more so than Angra. He wanted that focus to shine in his own band, his own baby instead of Angra. During the Aurora Consurgens recording period, he didn't take part in the composition nor the production. He showed up in the studio, recorded his parts and left. There was also some bad blood between him and Rafael if I am not wrong, which at a certain point resulted in a fist fight (they both talked about it in interviews).

Once Angra took care of the legal problems, the remaining members of the band decided that they'd need to replace Aquiles because he wasn't really in the band anymore.

Taken from an interview with Kiko, Rafael and Edu post management and drummer problems:

Whiplash: Much has been speculated about the departure of the band Aquiles Priester. Also to give a final point on this subject, what were the reasons that led to the resignation of the musician? Although there is some bad blood between the parties concerned or do you maintain some kind of personal contact?

Kiko: No, I have no personal contact, but he wasn't fired. He was no longer playing for the band long ago, he was no longer in the group, was not devoting himself, was not sympathetic, didn't want to do it anymore. I say and I say this because he didn't even want to record the "Aurora Consurgens". He did it because it would still be useful for him to stay in Angra. He went to the studio, recorded the drums and never showed up. He didn't act as a band member would. But there came a time, we also the problem was with the manager and we spend a lot but, when getting back to full strength, the band (me, Edu, and Rafael Felipe) decided we needed another drummer. We had a hard time with the manager battle, the band's name rights, etc.. And it would not be good to have one more person rowing against the tide.

Edu: I'd rather not talk about the subject.

Rafael: There's no more contact. To reiterate what Kiko said, it had been a long time already that he was away tremendously, devoting himself exclusively to his own band Hangar.

Notice how they were trying to be diplomatic. I am trying to find the other interviews that were a little more... outspoken. :lol:

Ok, so I talked to the local promoter last night while at the Nile show. He said he believes that Angra will be coming in either June or July and that it will NOT be with Sepultura, they will be headlining! If this is true then that is way cool. I'll be there for sure.

Ok, so I talked to the local promoter last night while at the Nile show. He said he believes that Angra will be coming in either June or July and that it will NOT be with Sepultura, they will be headlining! If this is true then that is way cool. I'll be there for sure.

So I was partly right then. June or July sound like great months to go see Angra a few times. :lol:

BTW How has Nile?

So I was partly right then. June or July sound like great months to go see Angra a few times. :lol:

BTW How has Nile?

Nile was awesome, my first time seeing them. So brutally fucking heavy, it was great. It's must be like running a marathon everytime they play cause their stuff is so fast yet technical at the same time. On another note Keep Of Kalessin was incredible too. I only wish they played longer than 30 mins.