Internet explorer 8 = Horrible

Never had an issue with FireFox to date, been using it for years as well. I am LOVING fireFTP right now. At work our systems are all programmed for IE5 :)lol:) so we're stuck using it BUT since IEtabs came out it has been AWESOME. I hated having an IE window and a FireFox window open to do multi-tasking. Now everything is in one browser that kicks ass.

~006

i love tabs. I mainly use IE but i use opera for "extra-curricular activities" so to speak. Although i hear firefox has a new privacy thing that would make it more suited than opera.

doen no one else hate the latest version of firefox?
damn, it doesn't really remember typed adresses like it used to but the address-line is more like a search fielt...confusing.

I hate how bookmarks are being handled now as well.

doen no one else hate the latest version of firefox?
damn, it doesn't really remember typed adresses like it used to but the address-line is more like a search fielt...confusing.

I hate how bookmarks are being handled now as well.

yes, some stuff is very confusing now.

you can deactive most of the features though or change its settings via typing "about:config" in the address bar. just look the options up on their website if you're unsure what to do. granted, it's a bit intricate but at least there's a way to change it...

Come to think of it, I really do like the layout of IE 7, it was very easy to navigate, much easier to find favorites and shiz.

I wish firefox would make use of one click favorite menus, saves a lot of time.

Thanks abyss for the config menu :D

Joe

FireFox 3 crashed a bit when i first upgraded but now its good. I like the "clear private data" function after looking at Jayme Langford!

From the people who brought you broken process interaction, nuclear-powered single-point failure catastrophes, and weapons-grade-idiotic security flaws, it's...

A browser you shouldn't be using if you care at all about security or reliability!

Jeff

haha, jeff the only reason I was using it was that firefox was never stable on my pc.

It so happens that a day after I started this thread mozilla released an update that fixed the problems with firefox that I was having, so I am now typing this in firefox. Its a fair bit faster aswell.

It baffles the mind how much microsoft don't understand how to design a good piece of software. Stability, security, speed. Does it have them? No. Does it have a fuck load of junk? yep. Have they downgraded the user interface? yep.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning and get back to errr browsing.

Joe

yes, some stuff is very confusing now.

you can deactive most of the features though or change its settings via typing "about:config" in the address bar. just look the options up on their website if you're unsure what to do. granted, it's a bit intricate but at least there's a way to change it...

guess I'm not patient enough...too stupid for that..I just want my old firefox back :(

FUCKING HELL!! all I want is firefox to show

"http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap-151/"

etc in the adressbar whenI'm typing "ult....."

somehow FF3 doesn't seem to save the history of recently viewed pages.

I saw this and thought it was quite classic how Finland has like ~45% of people using Firefox.

It would be closer to 90 % if corporations would allow you to install Firefox (or any other programs for that matter). Of course you could use a portable firefox release, but the corporate firewalls usually block out any unapproved executables/processes from accessing internet.

somehow FF3 doesn't seem to save the history of recently viewed pages.

It won't if you tell it not to. Go to Tools | Options | Keep My History for n Days, and set n to whatever you want. That is the duration for how long Firefox will remember your browsing history, provided you don't clear your history yourself.

If that is uncomfortable, you can just bookmark the page, and it will find whatever you type that is bookmarked. So if you bookmark the Sneap forum main page, and you type Sneap, or ultimate or anything like that in the url bar, it should be there in the list, and the more you keep writing something and choose something from the shown list, the higher an item is in the list. So if you were to type sneap three times on different occasions, the Sneap forum link would soon appear at the top and often even before you've written the full "Sneap", most likely at the point when you've written "Sn".

It won't if you tell it not to. Go to Tools | Options | Keep My History for n Days, and set n to whatever you want. That is the duration for how long Firefox will remember your browsing history, provided you don't clear your history yourself.

didn't change anything....and history is still set to 90days..
perhaps just a flaw on the OS X version?