Internet Providers

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I need help finding an internet provider that DOESNT have a download limit. Im on iprimus right now and only get 425 meg a month and seeing as Ive been downloading Iced Earth mp3s all day, if I dont find a new provider soon, im going over the limit. AGAIN. :D (And getting charged for it. Bastards!)
So does anyone know of one I could use? I tried Froggy, but they told me they dont have a dial up thing near me (Im in Penrith) so it would have cost an std call, so thats out. Anyone else got any ideas??????? :confused:
:)

Normally I would suggest Dingoblue, but they have been so unpredictable for months now..:(

I'm quite happy with my ISP, Zipworld (www.zipworld.com.au), who have a Mulgoa POP (I think that would mean a local call for Penrith). I'm on the 150 hr/month plan, as the unlimited one has a download limit.

The only thing is, they've recently been bought out by Pacific Internet, so I'm not sure if all the same plans will be available any more!

From zipworld:
Super 200 Plan Unlimited downloads $59.95 a month

I might go with that plan if I cant find something else cheaper, as its unlimited downloads and surely even *I* couldnt spend over 200 hours on the internet in one month!!

Originally posted by Mark
Is Penrith not within the local call range of Sydney??

Its basically the first town outside of it. Doh!
I used to live right on the border of it, so if we rang next door, it was std :lol: Not that we ever rang them, I dont even know the names of my neighbours, just making a point :D

Originally posted by 9mm
I'm quite happy with my ISP, Zipworld (www.zipworld.com.au), who have a Mulgoa POP (I think that would mean a local call for Penrith). I'm on the 150 hr/month plan, as the unlimited one has a download limit.

The only thing is, they've recently been bought out by Pacific Internet, so I'm not sure if all the same plans will be available any more!

Before I moved to cable I was with Pacific Internet, and was mightily impressed by them. I went through a period where I had 6 or 7 ISPs in a year trying to look for one that gave me what I want. I was with Pacific for over a year, and would still be with them if I hadn't wanted cable.

Originally posted by phlogiston

Before I moved to cable I was with Pacific Internet, and was mightily impressed by them. I went through a period where I had 6 or 7 ISPs in a year trying to look for one that gave me what I want. I was with Pacific for over a year, and would still be with them if I hadn't wanted cable.

Ahhh... looks like I may have found a winner folks! Thanks for all your help! If anyone still knows of any cheaper ones, feel free to let me know :D

Originally posted by spawn
From zipworld:
Super 200 Plan Unlimited downloads $59.95 a month

I might go with that plan if I cant find something else cheaper, as its unlimited downloads and surely even *I* couldnt spend over 200 hours on the internet in one month!!

I don't know Spawn,
200 hours a month works out to approx 6 hours a day and given that you currentyl average over 6 posts per day that only works out at one post per hour!!!! Except i have had a few beers and maybe my maths is not quite correct!

Try AR Internet: http://www.ar.com.au/

$29.95 a month, unlimited hours, downloads, web access, dialup points all across the country, 2 links to the internet backbone via Connect.com and Telstra (so if one goes down, you still have access), web space, newsgroups, web mail... You name it, they have it!

I've been a happy AR customer since 1996 and would not even consider swapping to another ISP!

Originally posted by Ralphe

I don't know Spawn,
200 hours a month works out to approx 6 hours a day and given that you currentyl average over 6 posts per day that only works out at one post per hour!!!! Except i have had a few beers and maybe my maths is not quite correct!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AGAIN with the beer! :D

I have net access at work as well, thats why it seems like I never leave!

Originally posted by Lord Tim

$29.95 a month, unlimited hours, downloads, web access, dialup points all across the country, 2 links to the internet backbone via Connect.com and Telstra (so if one goes down, you still have access), web space, newsgroups, web mail... You name it, they have it!

I've been a happy AR customer since 1996 and would not even consider swapping to another ISP!

Tim you legend, I like the sound of those guys! :D
Thanks everyone, but it looks like I HAVE found a winner! *jumps up and down and does backflips then goes and buys ralphe a beer* :D

Originally posted by Lord Tim

That does sound good! :)