Interview with Pinnella & Romeo

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2005
I've checked the rules for this fourm, and I didn't see that posting this is taboo. I hope it isn't. I have a Metal radio show, and I interviewed MP & MR on Friday the 19th in Portland. I'll be playing most of the interview on my show, along with several SX tunes. I'm a huge fan of the band, and it kind of shows in the interview. We talk about the new album, and the old stuff too. Feel free to listen Tuesday night @ 10pm EST, as it streams online too. I'm opening my show with SX tunes and the interview...everything will last 30-40 minutes.

http://64.140.205.96:8004/listen.pls
Tuesday 10pm

The power cut off on them Friday night in Portland (this happened the next night in Manchester too). Took about 10 minutes to get the sound up again. Jason did a little drumming, I screamed out "Saucey Jack!" to Russell as he walked around stage, to which he responded by singing a bit. Crowd loved it. Even though they do the same obvious songs every night, it's not disappointing. And damn they were loud.

I hope to transcribe it soon. I'll post it if/when I do. As for my concern over this post, I was concerned that it might be considered spam.

I had pre-determined questions, but once we started talking I asked questions based on what they said. So I did not get to all of what I wanted to ask, and the conversation didn't stray too far from the norm, unfortunately. I went on longer than I told them I would, but they were cool with that. The new album was discussed a bit.

A couple of the songs I've chosen to play were because of what was being discussed, otherwise I would've chosen different ones. I'm spinning several tunes.

Romeo was across the bus from me and Pinnella was eating dinner, so their voices are a little low. I wish the quality was better. I felt it would have been "awkward" to ask Romeo if I could sit closer to him. :err:

I'm still on the air. Brand new Symphorce coming up next!

I hope to have a transcript available soon.

This thread may get overlooked, thus the new thread for the transcript.