INTRINSIC "Nails" - 1991 unreleased album - Progressive thrash opus

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
DIVE087-cover.jpg

By 1990, San Luis Obispo thrash act, INTRINSIC, had two releases under their belts (1987’s Intrinsic LP and 1990’s Distortion Of Perspective EP). But while recording what would become their sophomore album, Nails, the direction of the music industry was shifting. The industry had a “sound” they were wanting and if it did not replicate Metallica’s Black Album, Pantera or Helmet most bands were pretty much out of luck. Having self-financed their new progressive thrash opus INTRINSIC quickly found themselves out of step with the industry. So the Nails sessions where shelved for nearly 25 years, until now.

In 2014 the band reached out to Divebomb Records and after hearing a single preview, they quickly struck up a deal that would finally bring Nails to the masses, however before the contract ink was even able to dry a colossal roadblock had presented itself. The band’s sole master recording DAT had become damaged since it’s last use. Could this be the end, before it was able to start? By a stroke of luck, the original engineer had preserved the session reels and it was determined that a brand new mix could be created from scratch. Not being able to predict these new expenses the band turned to their longtime fans to help raise money via crowd funding and the fans came through. The goal of the campaign was achieved in just 3 days. Nails was given new life.

Divebomb Records is excited to present Nails in this special edition reissue. The 20 page booklet contains band supplied archival photos/flyers and features full lyrics with brand new essay detailing the making of the album. This is a reissue for the fans, by the fans.

FOR FANS OF:
FORBIDDEN, HEATHEN, TOXIK, LAAZ ROCKIT, ANNIHILATOR, FATES WARNING

POINTS OF INTEREST:
• Never before released sophomore album recorded between 1991-1992
• Newly mixed from original session reels in 2015
• Band supplied archival photos (20 page booklet)
• Brand new essay detailing story of “Nails”
• First time on CD
• Limited edition
• Mastered by Jamie King

TRACK LIST:
1. State Of The Union
2. Fight No More
3. Die Trying
4. On Gossamer Wings
5. Pillar Of Fire
6. Mourn For Her
7. The Vicious Circle
8. Denial
9. Yikes!
10. Inner Sanctum
11. Dazed & Confused
12. Too Late, But Not Forgotten

AVAILABLE NOW or at PPUSA at DIVEBOMB RECORDS table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty good, will there be a digital release of this?

Speaking of progressive thrash, have you ever tried to get the guys from Realm to let you put out their unreleased 3rd album?

Will you be willing to make deals? I'm thinking that I will be purchasing around 15-20 titles from you right off the bat! Awesome selection of re-issues!

Will you be willing to make deals? I'm thinking that I will be purchasing around 15-20 titles from you right off the bat! Awesome selection of re-issues!

are talking about at PPUSA? if so, yeah if you are picking up that much stuff I am sure I can wheel and deal. However, some stuff will have special PPUSA sale pricing. But we can figure it all out there.

If not, then shoot me an email at tribunalrecords@aol.com

Sounds pretty good, will there be a digital release of this?

Speaking of progressive thrash, have you ever tried to get the guys from Realm to let you put out their unreleased 3rd album?

Digital is up on Bandcamp now: https://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/nails

I have spoken to Takis of REALM a few times about reissuing demos and he told me, if I am remembering correctly, the third album is a myth. There isn't one or one in any type of state that could be released.

I would love to reissue proper master of Endless War considering the Metal Mind reissue is taken from a cassette or something crappy (just compare the album tracks to the bonus track which was taken from original CD). The original CD has a pressing glitch in it, but it was easily fixed by Jamie King when I sent him the audio. So not sure why Metal Mind didn't just fix the CD rather than opt for sub-par master. But Roadrunner stuff is impossible to license these days, but I am hoping to get to it one day to do it justice.

are talking about at PPUSA? if so, yeah if you are picking up that much stuff I am sure I can wheel and deal. However, some stuff will have special PPUSA sale pricing. But we can figure it all out there.

If not, then shoot me an email at tribunalrecords@aol.com

We'll talk in Atlanta! My list of cd wants grows daily! I'll definitely be hitting your table hard and early

We'll talk in Atlanta! My list of cd wants grows daily! I'll definitely be hitting your table hard and early

Excellent, I will be around. Please note, I am only selling during off times of bands I don't want to see. I am first an attendee, then a vendor. odd I know, but I am there for the bands as I am every year. But I will be around and we will get it sorted out.