Intro mix for a band I recorded!

3tuxedo

Apr 2, 2011
Hey dudes, i did an EP for a band a week or so ago and here is the intro track. Tell me what you think. This is the first mix I've done that i am pretty happy of. I dont want it to sound like any other mix so dont say "Joey has his bass lower." Because that is Joey and he is great. Also, im sure the majority of you wont like the second vocalist, which doesnt matter to me, just tell me what you think of the mix. Thanks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23016439/Intro Final.mp3

I love the mix, sounds great. Did you use Slate Drums? That was a very nice snare.

Thanks so much man. I appreciate it. Actually it is a snare i found for free on gearslutz or something. PM me if you want the whole set. It's like some snares, kicks, and toms. All i did was ad a boost to 200hz and added a smidge of SSL and bahboom!

Really nice mix but the vocals was pretty crap imo. Maybe you could add some distortion to it and maybe some more reverb. Would be awesome if you could send me those drum samples :)

Really nice mix but the vocals was pretty crap imo. Maybe you could add some distortion to it and maybe some more reverb. Would be awesome if you could send me those drum samples :)

Im with you when it comes to the vocalists. The first one actually is pretty good, he just likes those "hardcore" vocals. And the second one is a guest vocalist who does just hardcore vocals. Not my choice, it was the band's decision. And thanks for the mix compliment dude! Its a pretty dark mix, but i like that for this genre.

Yes it reminds a lot of oceano and the production sounds a bit like the depths that joey produced. Its actually one of my favourite albums when it comes to the production of all that joey has done.