Intromental Management signs VANGOUGH

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
For immediate release – January 4, 2010

Oaklahoma based metal band VANGOUGH signs with Intromental Management

vangough_logo.jpg

Intromental Management is proud to welcome Oaklahoma City’s VANGOUGH - a band uniting the best of progressive metal, symphonic rock and orchestral pieces to a unique blend that is undeniably their own.

Formed in 2007 around vocalist/guitarist Clay Withrow, the band explores the progressive metal style inspired by not only such known acts as Dream Theater and Pain Of Salvation, but also brings a more symphonic and orchestral sound to their songs with influences ranging from Queen and Pink Floyd to Styx and even video game soundtracks.

With 2009’s well-received self financed debut album, “Manikin Parade”, the band has laid down the foundation for a great future career, and with the professional back-up of Intromental Management, 2010 will be another milestone for Vangough.

Clay Withrow states: “As with Manikin Parade, the next Vangough album will break boundaries and explore new horizons. We are very excited to be working with Intromental during such a formative period in our career. The future is looking very bright for prog fans!”

Claus Jensen, managing director of Intromental Management said about the signing: “Vangough is one of those bands that’s just too good to turn down. We’re all extremely anxious to start working with the band on their next album and see where we can take them. For a band with such an interesting sound, only the sky is the limit.”

vangough_group.jpg

Line-Up:
Clay Withrow - vocals, guitars
Brandon Lopez - drums
Abe Hartley - keyboards
Carlton Dorsey - bass, cello, violin

Check out samples from “Manikin Parade” and read more information on the band at:
www.myspace.com/officialvangough
www.intromental.com/vangough

One full song, “Paradise For The Lost”, is available for download at:
http://www.intromental.org/music/vangough.mp3

What an incredible album. That was my biggest surprise of 09. If these guys are brought in for the pre-party, I would be more than psyched! I anticipate great things from these guys i the future and would love to see them at Prog Power:headbang:

What an incredible album. That was my biggest surprise of 09. If these guys are brought in for the pre-party, I would be more than psyched! I anticipate great things from these guys i the future and would love to see them at Prog Power:headbang:

Just what I was thinking. This would be badass for the Wednesday show.

Very interesting. If there was ever a United States version of Pain of Salvation I suppose this would be it, though I think Vangough is easier to get into from the first listen.

Very interesting. If there was ever a United States version of Pain of Salvation I suppose this would be it, though I think Vangough is easier to get into from the first listen.

And nowhere near as rewarding with multiple listens as Pain of Salvation.

But its still pretty good.