Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
We're very excited to announce that our first show in support of IV v1.0, and
our debut show with Scott and Rob, will be sharing the stage with the mighty
Testament and Chicago's upstart thrashers Diamond Plate at Austin's Fuel Room
in Libertyville Friday, February 10th!! More details to come! OH YEAH!! \m/

Testament2-10-12272DPIcopy.jpg

Very cool - will it be a set of all new material? Or will you break out some Ion Vein classics?

The only time I saw the band was in 2003 at Penny Road Pub, supporting Reigning Memories. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, especially since I'm really digging the new tunes!

@Jason...indeed, thanks! :D

@Rycher....thanks, and cool...it'll be all new stuff! :headbang:

Btw...we should be getting some tickets to sell directly if anyone would like to avoid the fees. :)

I just realized this show is in direct competition with Gigantour. Weird they would have both of these shows the same night.

Gigantour was probably booked a while back. This is a headlining show for Testament on an off-night from the current leg of the Anthrax/Testament tour, which was likely booked within the past month or so.

Austins' tends to do that - I saw Lacuna Coil there 2 years ago, which was a randomly announced show 2 weeks prior to the show date. The band had an off-night, so they booked the show since they would be passing through Illinois on the way to another show.

This is a headlining show for Testament on an off-night from the current leg of the Anthrax/Testament tour

Right, so not only do you get an extended set, bu the mighty GENE HOGLAN is
drumming as well....so I highly recommend seeing this show and going to Gigantour
on Sunday, the 12th, in Milwaukee if you're debating....quite the metal weekend indeed! :D

-

Right, so not only do you get an extended set, bu the mighty GENE HOGLAN is
drumming as well....so I highly recommend seeing this show and going to Gigantour
on Sunday, the 12th, in Milwaukee if you're debating....quite the metal weekend indeed! :D

-

Too bad the "extended' set meant the only addition was about 2/3 of Alone in the Dark before Chuck cut the song short, otherwise the set was pretty much the same as what they had been playing. Either way, they kicked total ass. I was in the 4th row for most of the night, until I got sick of being pummeled from behind by some really drunk, aggressive people. Being that close to Alex Skolnick was unbelievable. He was shredding it up, and giving it to the fans on the rail all night - making faces and screaming at them for more...which they happily gave! I ended up with one of his picks too!

Edit - I forgot that they played The Haunting, so we got about 2-3 extra songs compared to their recent sets.

Diamond Plate was awesome - they won me over by the first song, and were a lot of fun to watch. Those guys have some unbelievable stage presence and talent for being a fairly young band.

The Ion Vein set was really good too - I love the new singer, though a lot of the songs sounded "samey" to me, though that could have just been a little bit of a muddy mix as well. I think the new style really fits and I love the more aggressive riffing. Great job!

The Ion Vein set was really good too - I love the new singer, though a lot of the songs sounded "samey" to me, though that could have just been a little bit of a muddy mix as well. I think the new style really fits and I love the more aggressive riffing. Great job!

Thanks, Steve, appreciate it, and both Testament and Diamond Plate
kicked some quality ass, we had a blast, it was a great night! :headbang: