Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
Hey all,

We're sorry to inform you that we had to pull out of the Gamma Ray
show in MN on May 12th due to Chuck having major shoulder
suurgery today. He's been in agonizing pain for months and has been
patiently awaiting a date for surgery which they finally gave him
and which is unfortunately today. It will be at least two months before
he regains full use of his arm so please wish him well.

Thanks to Nathan Block and John McGovern for putting us on the
bill and for being understanding. Cellador and Mirror Black have
been added to the bill in place of us so this will surely be a kickass
show.

What's a little shoulder surgery, pshhh!
Well, Chuck, best of luck to ya, hopefully recovery won't be too bad, at least you got the surgery.

As for those replacing Ion Vein... well... the last (also first and so far only) time I saw Cellador was with Sonata at Nathan's last show... THEY KICK SOME SERIOUS @$$!!! I hope they bring some CDs with them this time :)
Their drummer is like 16 or 17, and is a total freakin' beast on them!

Whooooah. Helluva reason to miss a show! I really do hope this surgery fixes everything and he can get back to what he loves doing.

I'm totally thinking about all the musicians in the past who had medical problems interfere with their music... Mick Mars, EVH, Jon Shaffer, Dave Mustaine...

Tell Chuck we wish him the best!

Hey, let me extend my best wishes on recovery, too. We're gonna miss you at this show! I was looking forward to checking you guys out.

BTW, when I posted about the arifare, I totally thought someone had talked earlier about roadtripping from Chicago and that I was replying to that. Now I see that was another thread, and I'm just an insenstive jerk not even giving my best wishes, as EVERYONE else in this thread did. My bad. :erk: