Iron Maiden – Final Frontier

maidenbyname

New Metal Member
Sep 9, 2010
A friend of mine wrote this for my site: http://www.misformusic.com/2010/08/iron-maiden-final-frontier/

“The Final Frontier” is Iron Maiden’s 15th album, and one that initially brought with it rumblings that it would be the legendary band’s swan song. After all, it is called The Final Frontier.

The introduction of the album starts of with ‘Satellite 15′, a four-minute introduction to the title song ‘The Final Frontier’. This opening is as dark as Maiden gets. To say that this song is bizarre would be an understatement. The instruments and vocals sound like you are in a spaceship drifting aimlessly through the never-ending darkness of space. Uncontrolled. Chaotically ascending through the never reaches. The dimensions of time, space, madness and chaos all intertwine to become this melodic fantasy.

To write a full track by track review would be A. tedious and B. from my own mind into the millions of Maiden fans it would be categorically impossible as I feel I wouldn’t be able to do it the justice it deserves.

The verdict? The album is as positive as it is dark, heavy and melodic, and has that sad side to it. Rich in beautiful vocal lines and guitar riffs. “The Final Frontier” is unmistakably… Iron Maiden. The Real Maiden fans will be proud to add this to there 14 album big collection anyway; it is a fantastic offering by one of the forefathers of metal. I’m pretty sure those of you that are new to Maiden will love it just as much and for those of you out there who never liked Maiden’s music, then I’ve got some news for you, you’re probably not going to like this album. (But then again your inferior minds cannot comprehend the sheer amazing ability of Iron Maiden anyway).

Track Listing
1.Satellite 15…..The Final Frontier
2.El Dorado
3.Mother Of Mercy
4.Coming Home
5.The Alchemist
6.Isle Of Avalon
7.Starblind
8.The Talisman
9.The Man Who Would Be King
10.When The Wild Wind Blows.

5/5