Iron Maiden covers

Danny rctv

Girl Band Geek!
May 22, 2002
San Francisco
www.realitychecktv.com
I know ther's been a few Iron maiden tribute albums but how about bands doing a Maiden tune on their albums?
A couple spring to mind.The first one I think ever was Sentinel Beast on their lone debut album "Depths of Death" they did "Phantom of the Opera",Vocalist Debbie Gunn was a huge Dianno fan.Interesting trivia their bassis Mark Spencer was the first guy to replace Jason Newstead in Flotsam & Jetsam when he left them to join Metallica.

Bay area thrashers Defiance did "Killers" on their second LP "Void Terra Firma"Their singer Steeev Esquivel now fronts Skinlab.

Satan worshipping industrial rockers the Electric Hellfire Club did a smokin' version of "Number of the Beast"on one of their last discs (I forget wich one)

Cradle of Filth did "Hallowed be thy Name" I never heard this & come to think of it,it may be on another Maiden tribute disc.

I saw Machine Head On Halloween once where they all dressed up like Motley Crue & had this dude dressed like a witch doctor come out & sing "Number of the Beast".I shot this on video it was hilarious!
Any others you guys can think of?

Sebastian Bach covered Children of the Damned on of of the many tribute albums out there... Opeth did a wonderful cover of Remember Tomorrow, and Children of Bodom have done a cover of Aces High... I think Metallica did Remember Tomorrow too... and I know that Anthrax did an EARLY Maiden cover... can't remember which though...

IN FLAMES did Murders in the Rue Morgue on a japanesse tribute album
also Dark Tranquillity did 22 Acacia Avenue and THERION did Children of the Damned in a very nice way...

...There's been lots of bands covering MAIDEN, but i think this three and the Remember Tomorrow version by OPETH are the best ones

Hey Danny rctv,

I am from Sacto and I was great friends with members of Beast. Their album had a few type ohs...the most important one was bassist Mark Spencer. They f@#ked up! His Name is Mike Spencer! LOL! When the record came out we all got a good laugh from it. Sentinel Beast also covered "Where Eagles Dare". An outstanding version, I might add. I don't see anyone from the band these days. I wonder how they're all doing? Anyway, that's cool that someone has heard of them.

chow,
--David

momadave said:
Hey Danny rctv,

I am from Sacto and I was great friends with members of Beast. Their album had a few type ohs...the most important one was bassist Mark Spencer. They f@#ked up! His Name is Mike Spencer! LOL! When the record came out we all got a good laugh from it. Sentinel Beast also covered "Where Eagles Dare". An outstanding version, I might add. I don't see anyone from the band these days. I wonder how they're all doing? Anyway, that's cool that someone has heard of them.

chow,
--David
Oh yeah I knew Debbie real well & Manny Bravo(who replaced Mark & later joined Heathen)There's a new interview with Debbie at www.metalmaidens.com she's an actress now & works with endangered reptiles.
her's anothe rMaiden cover.WWE wrestler Chris Jericho with his band Fozzy did "Prisoner" on their debut album,I saw them live & they did "Wrathchild".

Children of Bodom were mentioned.they're great.theur guitarist Alexi also palys in Sinergy with hi snow ex-wife Kimberly Goss(alsoa former band of an ex-Iron Maidens girls)I heard tehy did a Maiden cover on a tribute album.Anyone know wich one?I fuckin' dig Sinergy!