Iron Maiden fans: READ AND WEEP!

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Believe me or not, but PAUL DI'ANNO is visiting me tomorrow. He is starting a club tour tomorrow, and his first concert is in my hometown. During this tour, DI'ANNO plays songs from the two first Maiden albums exclusively, and I am hosting a nachspiel party after the concert, which DI'ANNO and his band will join!

Tomorrow afternoon, he's doing a signing thing outside the concert locale, then it's soundcheck, then concert, then party...

ain't that cool?!?

(I know I'm boasting,I just have to get it out :))

I'll report back saturday if anyone's interested. I'm currently pondering on what to tell him...any suggestions?

Spin over to www.pauldianno.com and post there as well (or at least report on how it went). There's some questions on the BB intended for an up-comming web interview that Manolis is putting together as well, they may give you some inpiration.

That and the board needs more people posting. It's a bit quiet over there.

That's pretty cool news.
I admit I lost a lot of respect for Paul after continually paying his way thanks to his few short years in Maiden 2 decades ago - but now I no longer care.

The Beast Live rules!

Probably two of the best metal albums ever!!wish i was there!
Okay,i probably prefer Bruce to Paul...but i still think the first two albums are up there with the best ever!!!!

I think the albums/songs paul did are done in his style and it is hard for bruce to do them the same..i guess im trying to say that Pauls sons IMO have always been better done by paul :D

Originally posted by Ralphe
Probably two of the best metal albums ever!!wish i was there!
Okay,i probably prefer Bruce to Paul...but i still think the first two albums are up there with the best ever!!!!

I agree! Especially the first one. I don't care for Killers as much but Iron Maiden rocks. :headbang:

Hi guys...I'm back after a harrowing evening of hard rock partying! I spoke with Paul yesterday, he was a really nice fellow and seemed genuinely thankful for fans showing up to see him. The concert was really good, the sound was excellent, and they opened with "Transylvania", one of my favorite Maiden pieces - pretty cool huh? Other songs that were played were "Phantom of the Opera", "Running Free", "Iron Maiden", "Wrathchild" and "Murders in the Rue Morgue."

Sadly, I was so drunk after the concert that I barely got a word out of my mouth, ruining my chances to speak more with Di Anno.

BTW, his voice was great - as if it suddenly were 1981 again!!!!

Cheers

Dianno is gonna visit my country to! At 4/14 he will be playing in a club here! I think that there will be a party after the live. It will be very cool. :headbang:
anakin.gif

Sounds like Paul is giving up touring soon and that his health isn't great. LT, was he difficult to be around?

He was just very cranky, really. If anything didn't go exactly as he expected it to, people around him (his band on stage included) would get a mouthful from him. In his defence, he wasn't in a good way so that probably didn't help his mood at all, but we actually turned down a few tour dates with him the second time because it just wasn't a lot of fun, honestly, and the crowd numbers / money wasn't good enough for us to just suck it up.

I can imagine his physical condition would have played a decent part in that, but yeah whatever the cause of it, if he wasn't enjoyable to be around it's not worth it!

I saw an announcement of his farewell show this year with some ex (pre-debut) Iron Maiden musicians and lost my shit when I saw the bass player was from some Iron Maiden tribute band and was called Speed Harris haha. Something about that just really tickled my funny bone.

There's also a Dave Hurry in the tribute act...and Adrian Swift.

Whenever I think of him I think of that clip of his band doing Charlotte the Harlot with the subtitles where he keeps going Whooooaaaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoa every second word.

Hah! Did he do that every second word because he couldn't remember the lyrics, or just for added effect?