Iron Maiden question: Edward the Great

mmmchowdah

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2002
www.culturedose.com
Hey guys, I'm an Iron Maiden novice and I'm working on a review of "Edward the Great." Could you tell me if there are any major "hits" that are missing from the release? I don't mean fan favorites, really...just songs that were pretty popular on the radio. Thanks.

Also, my website is giving away a rare Maiden sampler if any of you are interested. "17 Numbers By the Beast" is its title, and it features tracks from every Maiden album (including "The Soundhouse Tapes"!) If you are interested in trying to get your mitts on the disc check out this URL. It's free to enter and the question couldn't be easier. http://www.culturedose.com/winfreestuff.php

Thanks for your help, and I hope you enjoy the contest!

Originally posted by mmmchowdah
Hey guys, I'm an Iron Maiden novice and I'm working on a review of "Edward the Great." Could you tell me if there are any major "hits" that are missing from the release? I don't mean fan favorites, really...just songs that were pretty popular on the radio. Thanks.

Thanks for your help, and I hope you enjoy the contest!

All the "hits" are there indeed.

However the tracklist on it is nowhere near Maiden's best. Cheers.

Thanks, guys! I've finished the review and it's in with my editors now. I'll post a link in this thread once it goes up (probably tomorrow).

After asking on several other Maiden/metal boards the only one I've seen pop up a lot is "Aces High" so that's the only "missing track" I referenced in the review.

Cheers.

Edward the great is to me an album that shouldn't be released in the first place. Get Best of the beast double album. It'll tell you more about the band ... No, wait, buy all Maiden albums, then you have a great best off. :Smug: