Is 40 too old?

jlederer

New Metal Member
Aug 18, 2002
Visit site
I am 40 years old, and have LOVED HEAVY METAL as far back as I can remember!
My wife says....I am too old to listen to metal.

I say BULLSHIT!:headbang:

If you love metal, it doesn't matter how old you are.....RIGHT?

I am a new lover of Evergrey, bought 3 of their cd's yesterday. It's the only music in my CD player ever since! :Spin:

How about it? Anyone here my age....or older???????

LONG LIVE METAL

John

I think that Evergrey, especially, may also atract a wide range of people. Even 'older dudes' - since the music, compositions, arrangements and lyrics are very mature in the concept of EG it6self :)

35 btw, (I think)

Nah dude, 40 isn't too old to like metal. I plan on being the only 80 year old still in the heavy metal scene when I get old (WAAAAY older) :D

My parents (especially my mom) love metal. My mom is the reason I'm so in to the prog/power metal that is my life now!! :headbang: They both came to the Evergrey show with me in Houston and have been to PP a few years too. She's the reason I know about PP. Yea ... THANKS MOM!!

LOL im 16 and yea ive been a metalhead for 6 years now lol got into metallica when i was like 9-10 years old. So i have a question am i to young hahaha. Its never 2 old 2 like metal i find it a great to boost your energy and good to listen to when ur pissed. Evergreys stuff is so meaning full and most people seem to miss some of the concepts they talk about but i seem to be drawn to the lyrical side more then any band i have ever listened to.

I appreciate your kind replies! :Spin:

As you may already know, a lot of message boards/forums, you get blasted, and made fun of ect for asking a question....

BUT YOU GUYS/GALS RULE!:wave:

Nice to know 40 is NOT too old! I have a long way to go....

Have a good one.....

John

My mom actually likes Black Label Society and she is in her 40's and really doesnt listen to metal.

Its all about what you like, whether your 90 or your 9, you can listen to w/e you want to.

DemiGodRaven said:
Nah dude, 40 isn't too old to like metal. I plan on being the only 80 year old still in the heavy metal scene when I get old (WAAAAY older) :D
:headbang: Rock the rest home:headbang:

...I bet they'll let me still play my drums if I tell everyone to turn off their hearing aids. :D

:Smokin:
32...going on 132...

God, I sure hope it's not too old! I'm 33 (34 in August), so 40 isn't that far off. Luckily, my husband and I met at ProgPower, so we have similar tastes in music :D

Funnily enough, my mom (who was well into her 50s at the time) tried to encourage me to listen to metal during my wayward youth in the 80s--she thought the music I listened to (Madonna in particular) was silly and would rot my brain... LOL

Lorraine

I just turned 45 and discovered prog metal over the last few years while expanding my musical horizons. I can hardly stand to listen to the radio anymore with the drivel that's broadcast. Stratovarius, Fates Warning, Dream Theater (older stuff), Evergrey...rock big time :hotjump: . I drive my teenagers crazy, although my oldest likes some alt rock out there.

Dude 40 is still young in my eyes. I'm 23 so I'm not just saying that to make myself feel young lol. I too will be listening to metal up intil the yrs when I'm a grandpa!

Progfan said:
God, I sure hope it's not too old! I'm 33 (34 in August), so 40 isn't that far off. Luckily, my husband and I met at ProgPower, so we have similar tastes in music :D

Funnily enough, my mom (who was well into her 50s at the time) tried to encourage me to listen to metal during my wayward youth in the 80s--she thought the music I listened to (Madonna in particular) was silly and would rot my brain... LOL

Lorraine
On a side note ...

A prog power marriage? How stinking cute!

jlederer said:
I am 40 years old, and have LOVED HEAVY METAL as far back as I can remember!
My wife says....I am too old to listen to metal.

I say BULLSHIT!:headbang:

If you love metal, it doesn't matter how old you are.....RIGHT?

Exactly. How old is Lemmy, anyway? I remember that Metallica played at his 50th birthday, and that was what - 5-6 years ago?