Is Dimmu worth seeing?

japameta

New Metal Member
Oct 29, 2003
O.C.
Visit site
Hi, I am going to see COB on Nov.27 in LA. I know COB will be opening for Dimmu, but is it worth staying till the end to see Dimmu?

Any opinions?

well, first of all, CoB will be the best of the night (at least thats how it was in Tampa) and Dimmu will play for just over 2 hours, which, believe me, is a lot of Dimmu. Good show though, but i personally wouldve hacked an hour off of Dimmu to divide between the others

I didn't even stick around to see Dimmu when I saw them November 14th. Too busy searching for COB outside [and found them :)]

I'm going to stay for the whole show when I see them on December 12th, though.

Meh, they aren't that special live. Their setlist was pretty bad. Their new stuff really just wasn't that great live, and they didn't play the best songs off their new album. Kings of the Carnival Creation rocked, so I'd make sure to see that song, but other than that it was just mediocre.

i saw them live like...2 febuarys ago? they're actually put on a decent show, but if u don't like it be warned they play for at least 2 hours and i hear recently that they take forever to set up.... if ure not doing anythignb etter hang around until they go on fer 5 minuets i guess.

No way, If you like kilt wearing faries go see Dimmu, but imo they suck ass. Gimick black metal sucks.

i didn't get to hear dimmu because i met this really awesome guy in the bar. him and i got to talking and i heard some of dimmu but ehh, i dunno. guess i can't give a valid opinion on this hmm? i'll tell you after i see them again in st. louis. that is, unless i meet a guy in the bar...

I havent seen them yet, but from what I 've heard they are put on a decent show. I personally am not a exactly a dimmu fan ...

It's a shame, but they suck live... the thing's that their sound's always fucked up (can't understand how they manage to do it every single time). It's btw practically impossible to hear the bassist (what's his name again?) singing... well... actually it's hard to hear anything but the keyboards...

So you need a powerful imagination and try to remember how they sound oin the cds as you watch them live, and then you'll have a wonderful time...

i haven't been to this year's show yet, but the last time i saw them, they were amazing

i'm not so impressed with their new material though, but still the show that they put on is great

_Quarantine_ said:
It's a shame, but they suck live... the thing's that their sound's always fucked up (can't understand how they manage to do it every single time). It's btw practically impossible to hear the bassist (what's his name again?) singing... well... actually it's hard to hear anything but the keyboards...

So you need a powerful imagination and try to remember how they sound oin the cds as you watch them live, and then you'll have a wonderful time...

ICS Vortex
(Simen)
if you havent, you should get the song "The Chaos Path" by Arcturus, it's him singing and it's amazing... that and "The Insight and the Catharsis" by Dimmu... they have nothing to do with the live show, they're just really good songs and Vortex is amazing in them

yeah, i agree, i've seen them before and the sound was a bit off... still a great show though... although they do make Mustis's keyboards a bit too loud...