Is Mikael a fan of Pain of Salvation?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Mike likes tons of music, mostly 70's stuff, but he'll also listen to current bands such as Katatonia, Porcupine Tree and Tool. So I was wondering if he has ever commented on other Swedish bands like Pain of Salvation, Meshuggah and perhaps Evergrey. They are all great bans in their own right, and most POS fans I know also love Opeth and vice versa (well the majority of the posters on this board being a big exception).

Anyway, does anyone know what he thinks of POS and their music? Imagine Opeth touring with POS - that'd be truly amazing in my opinion.

I remember Mike saying something about not liking most modern metal bands, which probably includes most Swedish bands. You can probably find an interview where he namedrops some bands he likes, though

I remember Mike saying something about not liking most modern metal bands, which probably includes most Swedish bands. You can probably find an interview where he namedrops some bands he likes, though

I think he was talking more to the Roadrunner crowd than anything else.

POS are a trully amazing group. Great moments there.

"Leaving entropia" Wow a beutiful song.

I guess he isn't much of a fan, seeing he didn't remind of them ever ever O:

But if he was it would've been great. I was glad to see he likes PT :D

From what I've seen so far, most of the Swede musicians don't actually like Pain Of Salvation... for one reason (music) or another (behaviour, attitude).

They're a great band, though.

Newsflash: Its always a matter of taste!

Nope.

There's quality music I like, and dislike

There's shitty music I like, and dislike

For example, If some of you don't like some classical music, it doesn't make it bad. It's a matter of taste

But, when you don't like soad, it's because they're shit. Come on, I understand if you love abba or somthin'. But soad?!:Smokin:

In an interview with Mikael about 3 or 4 years ago, he was commented on seeing POS live in Sweden and heaped much praise on their live work, but noted that he was not a big fan of their studio stuff.

Nope.

For example, If some of you don't like some classical music, it doesn't make it bad. It's a matter of taste

But, when you don't like soad, it's because they're shit. Come on, I understand if you love abba or somthin'. But soad?!:Smokin:

Couldn't be farther from correct, but good attempt.

Nope.

A bit of a contradiction, isn't it?