Is Music rewarding?

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
Sure, the artistic expression is, but, Vintersorg, do you find being a professional musician as rewarding as you thought? Or is the ocnstant crap of the music biz too much to handle? I know one guy who was a musician for 10 years professionally before going to business school and becoming an investment banker. He says that graduating top in class and dealing with corporate cut-throats is easier any day than dealing with the music business. Thoughts?

Somehow i understand that guy perfectly. Fortuneatley Napalm records and Century Media treat us good, but it´s alot of hazzling anyway especially when you are on the road, not really Grand Hotel..hehehe.. and also you get anoyed regarding all the everyday hard work that does´nt give you anything back. But i´m in the industry to record good and innovative opus´but sometimes you get quite disturbed regarding things that does´nt exist in any area than in the musical field.....but...but... you have to hold your head up and strive in an endless continuance.

I add to that too. Andreas quite a remarkable artist (judging for this and the job thread). It's amazing that after having to deal with the occasional crash with the music business that comes from working with 4 bands ( :eek: ), he still manages to create great music. I honestly admire his love for it. :D

Yep cheers to Vintersorg. Keeps up with 4 bands, creates ungodly beautiful music, and still has time to answer fan mail and post on his forum. Keep up the good work! You have my undivided admiration............:headbang:

heheehe same here, admiration was the word I couldn't find before, it's getting late and my braincells begin to complain (I fear they will go on strike soon)
when once I downloaded Till Fjalls, I thought, "vintersorg????? what the....!!!!!" I got so amazed!!!!!!!!!!!
then I started to dig in the band and got even more amazed when saw the lot he had done in so little time, then I just falled more in love with the music (if possible) and felt in admiration for the artist. Now I own (originals) the four Vintersorg cd's thanx to mp3...
and well guess who's going to buy the spiral generator one??? :cool: