Is my iPod possessed?!?

Platinum Maze

Random Star
Feb 21, 2003
Oakland, NJ
Does anyone else feel that their iPod "fucks" with them sometimes? On shuffle...like, it will play a song that maybe you thought of, or were reminded of earlier in the day? Just something to smile about, or 'bug out' on, I guess, but it happens to me quite often. I have about 7300 songs in it, and the playlists that I've created are anywhere from 200-2500 songs in length. I've never gotten through a full playlist yet, until recently I'm at 776 of 947 of my top metal tunes (all genres). My prediction for the last song is Over the Wall. :kickass:

some occurences... these are all true!

F'd up enough that as I'm typing this, The Final Command (song 777, haha) by Slayer comes on. I was reminded of that song about an hour ago.

Tuesday night, same playlist, I sit down in front of my computer, dock my ipod into my portable speaker, Hotter than Hell by Kiss is already playing. I look at the time on my cell phone, it's 9:18pm. I am INSTANTLY reminded (as usual) of the line '18 is 9' from King Diamond's Arrival, and all it's glory! :headbang: Hotter Than Hell ends, next song... Arrival. I swear. :puke::ill::zombie::cry:

Yesterday, on my way to work, it pulls up Damien from Iced Earth. I crank it up. After it ended, it pulled up Hammerhead by Flotsam. I looked at the iPod screen and noticed that Hammerhead was #667 of 947. Then I was like, oh no!! o_O Damien was #666!!! :err::Spin::devil::cry: I'm still not over that!?!

My Zune does that if I play on shuffle (I rarely do). It's go about 15GB of music but if I think of a song it tends to come on in the next five or so that get played randomly. It's freaky lol.

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. For example, I'm like "Hmm... I really wanna hear *place name of song here*" and what is the next song but the one I'm thinking of. Or sometimes when I really like a certain band that day, it plays more of that band than any other. It's so weird when it happens....

oh man my Sansa fucked with me in the worst way !! After I bought it, I downloaded a good bit of my discs I had put on my HD, but I also d/l a Barry Manillow song. I did that for a co-worker who happened to make a statement about how much he hated Manillow. Well..... I wanted to show him how clear and vibrant my Sansa sounded and played that song for him. It was rather funny...... but I never deleted the song. I showed my player to several other people and put it on random and it played that song for two of them. I had to explain the "joke" thing to both of them to save face. Not that I am embarrassed by adult contemporary, as I have a few Crosby, Stills and Nash tunes I dig..... but Manillow ? It has now been deleted.

Bryant Manillow

oh man my Sansa fucked with me in the worst way !! After I bought it, I downloaded a good bit of my discs I had put on my HD, but I also d/l a Barry Manillow song. I did that for a co-worker who happened to make a statement about how much he hated Manillow. Well..... I wanted to show him how clear and vibrant my Sansa sounded and played that song for him. It was rather funny...... but I never deleted the song. I showed my player to several other people and put it on random and it played that song for two of them. I had to explain the "joke" thing to both of them to save face. Not that I am embarrassed by adult contemporary, as I have a few Crosby, Stills and Nash tunes I dig..... but Manillow ? It has now been deleted.

Bryant Manillow

LOL! That's funny. I' never have pegged you as a Manilow fan! :heh: (Should have blamed it on the wife!;))