Is Origin a dissapointment for you?

ErikSL

groove junkie
Feb 11, 2006
I have been listening to it again recently, and I think it is a beautiful collection of songs. Lately on these boards I have been hearing that Origin is a disappointment. Why is that? It is quite unique and full of flavor, sort of like sushi. :)

not a disappointment, but not what I expected either. In my opinion, they ruined Ocean's Rise, and the album is way too short.

Hard to say. The Spirit of Nature is one of the best things I've ever heard in my life, but at the end of the day I would have rather had a metal album with a few acoustic songs thrown in. The Oceans Rise remake was terrible though.

The only disappointment was that it delayed the release of a new Borknagar metal album by a few years. Otherwise, it's beautiful.

I disagree with Azzor1911 and Det Som Engang Var. The first version Oceans Rise was ok, but this new one is wonderful :)

The only problem I had with Origin is that it seemed a bit too "overproduced" (for lack of a better word) for a genuine folk album. I can't really explain it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album.

I would hate it. We got the inevitable acoustic album over with now back to the metal please. Just throw some acoustic songs into it, I couldn't care less about album flow.

I agree that it is short, ocean's rise wasn't ruined...different but not ruined. I like it better then the original simply because you hear more of the melodies that make the song so special.

Anyway thanks for the responses!

An album like Empiricism is the best we can hope for as long as Vintersorg's still with the band. Sounds good to me.

I'm not so agree with that. All depends of Oystein... if he compose better songs or not is the Deal...

About Origin... I was expecting an acoustic album from Borknagar... from their beginnings they had an strong folk infuence - since self titled to the previous Epic - so was a natural step to the band... they are too progressive now, so I wasn't expecting and 'kveldsjanger' album.

The only thing I think sometimes is if Bork were released the album after TOD or TAC... how had sounded that? an 'kveldsjanger' style or something totally new - as I never heard Simen singing acoustic songs -...

I hope the new album will be stronger than all previous albums...