Is there a band......

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Is there a band that you will always like your whole life no matter what types of music you go through your whole life. I think everyone is going to say opeth. heh. But ive liked pantera for a while and i think i will always like them forever cause i just dont want to stop liking them because other people dont like them. But i think i will enjoy opeth forever and in flames and stuff like that. What do you guys think.

smashing pumpkins and radiohead, they are the 2 bands i like that aren't metal, and they are 2 of the best. i cant imagine not liking opeth either. but i havent liked em long enough to say yet, although im pretty sure i'd always like em, they are special.

Megadeth and Metallica- mainly just the old 80's stuff. Yeah, they've both sold out and are fronted by assholes but their early stuff was a big inspiration for me and even after 15+ years I still love listening to 'em.

Iron Maiden- probably my biggest inspiration and the most important band in terms of the evolution of my musical taste.

Rush- the years keep going by and I still can't get enough of 'em.

And of course OPETH

Iron Maiden.:headbang:

A lot of super-elite "metalheads" (most think that labeling yourself is 'gay') have grown out of Opeth, and say that they, quote "bore them to tears". Im not saying this will happen to me, and I think Opeth will always be with me becase of how they spur many poetic qualities within me. :D

Another band that will remain with me is Emperor. Ihsahn is definately the best BM vocalist. Samoth most easily the best rhythm guitarist. Trym is an excellent drummer. Emperor always has unique and interesting melodies in their music, especially on Anthems. And the poetic quality of their lyrics is astounding.:)

Arcturus is another band I will always cherish. Sverd is an excellent keyboardist, who incorporates a lot of classical influences into the music. Great guitars, and great bass. Hellhammer is one of the best drummers in existance. And Garm is one of the best vocalists in BM (or he was until he became Trickster-G, or whatever:bah:).

Finally, Borknagar. The Olden Domain with Garm is marvelous, as is The Archaic Course with Vortex. Vortex, to me, is not only one of the best BM vocalists, but also my favorite clean vocalists in BM.In fact, I don't think Borknagar has one bad album.:heh:

I don't know if I can safely say I will like a band for my whole life, but I feel I can say that about a shitload of albums I really enjoy. I sure hope I can enjoy Opeth my whole life though!

Iron Maiden
My Dying Bride
Anathema

Those 3 bands have had a massive impact on my life, and even though I've been listening to them for a few years already, I've never even gone through a bored period with them (which I have with most other bands, even, dare I say it, Opeth? :eek: )

:D

Don't think I can say for sure there's a band I'll never tire of, but I find it hard to believe I will tire of Opeth :)

Can you imagine being in your 70's and sitting there listening to Opeth? Heh, it will be cool. All your grandkids will think you're freakin weird as.

Originally posted by Kem
Can you imagine being in your 70's and sitting there listening to Opeth? Heh, it will be cool. All your grandkids will think you're freakin weird as.

my grandkids will prolly laugh at how "soft" opeth is by then :D