ISIS, anyone?

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
Hi all,

I'm looking for some stuff I am not able to find over here.
Is there ANY1 with these CDs(at least some of them):

Isis - Celestial
Isis - Oceanic
Old Mans Gloom - Seminar I, II
Neurosis - Times of Grace
Neurosis - A Sun that Never Sets
Khanate - Khanate
SunnO))) - Flight of the Behemoth
Red Harvest - Cold Dark Matter
Red Harvest - Sick Transit Gloria Mundi
2nd Gen - Irony is
Fleurety - Department of Apocalyptic Affairs
Agalloch - The Mantle

thanx.
you can also send me a PM if you are shy;)

I have the Red Harvest - Sick Gloria Mundi! I'd sell it to you if you want! but I live in Germany and postage is expensive here...
I also own the Neurosis CDs but I won't give them away :D try Ebay

I purchased ISIS' Oceanic and at first I didn't care too much for it, but after giving it numerous spins, it is beginning to "grow" on me.

Agalloch rocks.

I own both Isis, both Neurosis and the Agalloch albums but I really don't need any money so I'm not interested in selling I'm afraid :p. Have you tried ordering them from websites?

PS. Isis' album won album of the year in Terrorizer..wtf, it's alright but it's nothing that hasn't been done before...many times.

Put it simply, ISIS - Oceanic got my vote for album of the year.
As for Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets, I wouldn't hesitate to say that it's fairly the single best album ever recorded...
About, Agalloch - The Mantle, it's a real masterpiece!
It would be a shame to miss those in your collection.

Originally posted by discouraged1
Hi all,

I'm looking for some stuff I am not able to find over here.
Is there ANY1 with these CDs(at least some of them):

Isis - Celestial
Isis - Oceanic
Old Mans Gloom - Seminar I, II
Neurosis - Times of Grace
Neurosis - A Sun that Never Sets
Khanate - Khanate
SunnO))) - Flight of the Behemoth
Red Harvest - Cold Dark Matter
Red Harvest - Sick Transit Gloria Mundi
2nd Gen - Irony is
Fleurety - Department of Apocalyptic Affairs
Agalloch - The Mantle

thanx.
you can also send me a PM if you are shy;)

Hey man, come check out the Appropriate Apocalypse forum here at UM.com. Ask your question there, there's a couple of guys who know everything there is to know about most of the bands you've mentioned. Good luck...

afaik, Agalloch lives in the same town as me! (portland, OR) wish they would have some live basement shows, or something.

saw Isis live about 2 months ago. that show was epic. i love listening to their albums in chronological order, hearing the progression.

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
IPS. Isis' album won album of the year in Terrorizer..wtf, it's alright but it's nothing that hasn't been done before...many times.
i think this statement couldn't be further from the truth.

You can purchase all of those CD's from www.Relapse.com. We carry all of the Hydra Head and Escape Artist releases. Relapse is also the home of Neurosis and Red Harvest for the states. You might want to try the End Records for these following CD's: 2nd Gen, Fleurety, Agalloch. You can email me if you want more info. By the way....you have excellent taste in music!

Originally posted by O'blivion
i think this statement couldn't be further from the truth.
Musically they are extremely similar to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Kinski, A Silver Mt Zion, Neurosis, Mogwai, Set Fire To Flames and mostly every other post-rock band. Just because they have a metal sound and sparse vocals doesn't mean this is anything new.