It's offical: Katagory V launches Indiegogo campaign for unreleased fifth album.

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
The offical press release for the Indiegogo campaign for the 5th album:

After a three-year hiatus, Salt Lake City, Utah's progressive/power metal veterans KATAGORY V have launched an Indiegogo campaign for their long-awaited fifth album, "Resurrect the Insurgence."

Commented bassist/songwriter and founding member Dustin Mitchell: "The rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated, albeit somewhat true just the same. It has been three years since we finished recording the fifth album. Back in 2011, we shared a few previews of the songs with updates concerning the album's release, and then….nothing. This album was slated to be released in the spring of 2012, but, ever so quietly, Katagory V AND the new album just disappeared from existence."

"It is a very long story as to why this happened, and we explain how this three-year hiatus came about in the bio of our Indiegogo campaign. What is important now is that we are proactively trying to get this album released before we die of old age (or untreated syphilis!)."

"We put a lot -- and I mean A LOT -- of our own money and time into creating what we feel is the best and most sonically powerful Katagory V album to date. It was a very expensive, long, and painstaking process, yet at the same time, an extremely fun experience and one of the best recording sessions for everyone involved. We certainly feel that it would be a total waste if we just shelved this album without giving it a chance to be released upon the world. We still have two full-length songs from 'Resurrect the Insurgence' available for preview on YouTube: 'Far Too Long' and 'I Am Change.' Feel free to check them out!"

"As for the future of Katagory V? Well, a lot has changed over the last three years, both within the band and the music industry, and we are taking it one step at a time. The first step is getting this album out. If we can do that…we shall see about taking the next step."

"So without further delay, we present to you the 'Resurrect the Album' campaign! This album is done -- recorded, mixed, and mastered; it just needs to be tagged and bagged. We are finally blowing the dust off of it, and it just needs that extra financial kick to get the minor details of graphics, artwork, pressing, and distribution costs worked out. We have a lot of great perks, including pre-orders of the album, Skype lessons with Kris and Bizzaro, even Albert coming to your house and cooking you chicken parmigian while singing classic Italian love songs…well, maybe not that last one, but we really do have cool perks. So please drop by the campaign, check it out, and help us 'Resurrect the Album!'

Click here to view campaign and contribute:

Hi, folks!

I'm just checking in with an update on the campaign. Unfortunately,the first two weeks have been very slow. We've only raised roughly 11% of the funds that we need to make the release of our album a reality. We truly appreciate the contributions from those who have pitched in thus far, and we also appreciate the efforts made by those who have spread the word about the campaign on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and the various metal-related sites all over the web. We still have a long way to go, but we hope that with our combined efforts, the world will finally get to hear this album!

For those who are interested but haven't made a contribution yet, we've added a few more perks that may grab your interest. Aside from receiving the CD upon it's release, getting a bootleg DVD of the band's best performance to date, and taking lessons with our drummer and guitarist, you now also have the options of getting a drum head signed by the entire band, t-shirts from the releases of the past two albums, and even the band's entire discography to date! Yes, that even includes a copy of the long-out-of-print debut album, "Present Day!" There's even one absolutely ridiculous perk that you'll have to see to believe!

I'll check back in the coming weeks with another update. In the meantime, feel free to offer any feedback. Do you like the perks offered thus far? Is there anything you'd like to see us offer, and if so, what would you be willing to give to see it happen? Do you like the new material that we've released online? Do you think we should suck eggs? Let us know!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Well, folks, we're approximately two weeks away from the deadline. Despite the awesome contributions made by some outstanding folks, (a great number of which are from the Ultimate Metal forums!), we still haven't even reached half of our goal.

This is the time when I must beg any of you who are on the fence to take another look at the page. $15 gets you the album with shipping included. Just look at it as a pre-order. With the amount of money we've raised thus far, we would need about 212 people to contribute just enough money to get the CD in their hands. Another thing to keep in mind is that everyone will be refunded if we don't reach our goal. Thus, you lose nothing by making a pledge!

We would love for the world to hear what took so much time, labor, and money to create, but we really need your help to get over the last hump. If you haven't checked out the available tunes, please go to www.reverbnation.com/katagoryv today.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

First off, I want to thank all the folks that have contributed to our campaign in the past two weeks. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Sadly, though, we have less than four days left to raise more than half of the money we need to put the final touches on this release. Unless a miracle happens and, say, 192 people come out of the woodwork to pre-order this album, I'm afraid we're doomed.

This will be my final plea. If you've ever liked any of Katagory V's music, please visit the Indiegogo page, check out some of the new music, and make a pledge. I truly believe that there is something for every fan of melodic progressive and power metal on this album. The only chance of this band continuing in any capacity lies within this campaign, so it's up to you dedicated music fans.

Does this sound desperate? Indeed, it does. Does it kill me to beg you folks for money? With every last beat of my heart. I just hope you'll look beyond the desperation and find a good band that could use a little help.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert