It's Official: DEEP PURPLE, CHEAP TRICK To Be Inducted Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DEEP PURPLE, CHEAP TRICK, N.W.A., CHICAGO and Steve Miller will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on April 8, 2016 during a ceremony at Brooklyn, New York's Barclays Center, with tickets on sale to the public in February. HBO will broadcast the show in the spring. Artists are allowed to enter the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album or single. CHEAP TRICK guitarist Rick Nielsen told Rolling Stone: "Usually, I'm a man of many words, but this has got me in a tizzy here. I'm verklempt … Live at Budokan wasn't too bad. Getting our first record deal wasn't too bad. Doing 5,000 shows, not too bad. But this might get moved right to the top of our résumé." DEEP PURPLE drummer Ian Paice told Rolling Stone: "With so many lineups, it's a minefield. If I was running the Hall of Fame, I wouldn't have known how to do it…But it looks like we're in and I'm very pleased." Paice added that any decision regarding a possible performance at the induction ceremony will have to be made with the blessings of all the current members. "We don't have salaried guys with [keyboardist] Don [Airey] and [guitarist] Steve [Morse]. They are fully accredited members of the band and they share in everything, and into decisions as well. They will have to be consulted and see how they feel about anything that the three of us originals think we would or wouldn't like to do." Among the acts who were up for induction this year who did not make the cut is NINE INCH NAILS.

Continue reading...