It's time for a new Epic Death record, isn't it?

Diabolius

Epic Member
Sep 4, 2006
It's been 3 years since Crimson II and 10 years since Crimson I was finished. Within those years I can't think of any album which is similar Crimson I & II. Maybe the Crimson's are even the fathers of a whole new genre.

It seems that these kind of "40minutes+ epic death metal journeys" with stirring stories can only be written by Dan.

I would give my right arm to hear another Epic Death. And I know that Dan had this thought for more than 1 year, too. And I know that he now has the time and motivation, since Dan is no longer into Bloodbath. (Let me adore his marvellous work at Bloodbath again at this point. R.I.P)

This is no call for Crimson III because we love the Crimson Saga as it is. It's more a call for a new Epic Death Song.

Hope dreams come true =)

I liked the idea of Dan making another death record, but I also thought it might be very interesting to start up a new band that sort of builds off of the Edge of Sanity vibes and does the whole epic death journey thing. I know people would shout "thief!" and "rip off!" but I think I would consider it more a tribute, or perhaps an homage, but without using actual EoS songs....

Something completely new! I want something new as new can be. I don't want Crimson III or anything, i want New 1!
Btw, i tried writing a real epic once. It was kinda cool, but I listened to it again a while ago and I realized I'd stolen too much from Crimson :ill:

Yeah yeah, the stuff you hear too much inevitably sticks in your brain forever. That's why I listen to really technical and complicated stuff man, that can never be replicated... at least not until I'm at a godlike level of musicianship. :)

How about Edge of Sanity just shake hands and make something like a more progressive in the now 'unorthodox' and all edge of sanity elements actually. A kick ass death metal album 'by Edge of Sanity'.

it's not a bad idea but Dan said that the EoS compilation that's about to be released or already released is the last thing Dan will do that holds the name Edge of Sanity

It's time for Dan to do what he wants to do ... including finishing the new NG and second sky ... there's only 1 dan for so many expectations

I remember putting on Infernal and hearing that Nightingale song, "Losing Myself" or something... and I was like Wtf! Maybe what the bloodbath dudes said about pussyfying was true! It's my dad's favorite song (the nightingale version). Uhhh but yeah, what provoked that on Infernal, that big change in sound? Sorry to quibble off topic here a bit.

But yeah, the whole "epic death metal record" concept isn't really that hard. Of course when big-name folks or highly beloved icons are involved, people will love it a ton more just because of the badass aura that eminates from the folks. Let's say I release a revolutionary epic death metal record tonight that completely blew Crimson2 out of the water.... I don't think anyone would even care. If a random underground band released an upper-Opeth level album tonight, nobody would even care, not even Opeth fans, because it wouldn't have Akerfeldt or Martin Lopez in it. You see what I mean?

Yeah, Opeth kinda lost some flair when Lopez left. :( Sad!!

I loved Lopez.

I should stop talking now... :(

...before I say something embarassing.

He was the cutest though, because he was the skinniest and had cool tattoos.

I'd care if an underground band released an upper opeth album...I'd care if you released something better then Crimson II...the problem is getting my hands on it...and are you really going to release something better then the crimsons?