I've been listening to...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
... Iced Earth's "Burnt Offerings" this morning, a couple of years after buying it, listening to it once and then putting it in the "Sorta Wish I Hadn't Bought It" basket, and it rawks! Only up to track two, though, and it helps that I know the song from "Alive in Athens", but I think I'm finally starting to become an Iced Earth fan!

Of course, track 3 could be awful and turn me off the band for good, we can only wait and see. But I'm optimistic (sort of).

Finally going to become an Iced Earth fan? Spiff. Buddy. Pal. Mate. I hope that was a joke :)
Ahhh forget it. Go listen to some In Flames :) (COB wasnt too bad you know, he is a lot less annoying on the other songs, hate me was the only one I heard before I bought it)
I dont really like the burnt offerings cd apart from Last December and Dantes, and the versions on AIA are way better than the studio ones IMO :D

Yeah, Last December is the only song I really like so far (up to track 6, Creator Failure, at the moment). Might skip ahead to Dante's Inferno...

Might pop in Something Wicked or Days of Purgatory next. I'd pop in Alive in Athens but I can't be othered looking for it... oh, there it is!

Something Wicked is probably my favourite, Stormrider rules too though, as does Horror Show and DOP.
Dantes is the BEST on AIA, what a great song! took me ages to start liking it though, just because its so damn long, but now I know it all, tis cool!

Have you got the 3cd version? If so, Violate is AWESOME on cd 3 :)

WHAT THE FUCK???????!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!

AAAAAAAAARGH! When will you learn, Spawny. Burnt Offerings is their BEST! The title track, Last December, Diary, Brainwashed, Creator Failure, BURNING OASIS AND DANTE'S INFERNO!!!!!!! IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kem
WHAT THE FUCK???????!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!

AAAAAAAAARGH! When will you learn, Spawny. Burnt Offerings is their BEST! The title track, Last December, Diary, Brainwashed, Creator Failure, BURNING OASIS AND DANTE'S INFERNO!!!!!!! IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Language. Please. :lol:

BO seems to be a love it or hate it thing, I know lots of other people who think its their best as well, which is great and all, but they are wrong :D
Its too samey i think, though maybe the remastered/remixed BO will stand out more for me, but Ive never heard a remaster thats THAT different from the original so I doubt it.... :err:
It was worth buying for Dantes and Last December in my opinon anyway, 20 minutes of the BEST metal money can buy! :headbang:

Last December was the first Iced Earth song I heard and I've still got it on MP3.
It's probably the reason Iced Earth didn't interest me for such a long time, because I still don't really like it much at all.

I agree!!! Burnt Offerings kicks arse!!!!!!! Way better than something wicked.

Damn I mean the title track is amazing...brainwashed...burning oasis..creator failure.......DANTES INFERO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont now why everyone (cept Sydo :D ) loves last december so much....its the weakest track on the whole album!!!! Theres no way it stands up to any of the above mentioned tracks :)

Best tracks on BO are the title track and Dantes by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The title track is just so evil sounding..how could anyone not love it! :D

The vocals are very plain on Last December. Very monotone. And the intro sounds too similar to Holy Martar, Watching Over Me and Ghost Of Freedom.

The intro to LD was written before all those other songs, so it is them that sounds similar! :)

I think the vocals are sung with a fair bit of passion (like the rest of the album), the only bit I don't like is the bit in the chorus where he sings something higher in the background. Apart from that, the song rules, IMO. :)

I know this song was written first, but the others are better. :p

Originally posted by 9mm
the only bit I don't like is the bit in the chorus where he sings something higher in the background.

Yeah, wtf's with that. :lol: It sounds remarkably like a fat monk mumbling drunk in a wine barrel.

The progress for me is that Ive ordered it from Centurymedia.com and am eagerly awaiting it :D Should be out November 26th in Europe from what Im told........