Jackson Kelly love - Show yours off!

mili9152

Dec 14, 2010
Oakland
I see lots of love for Vs and Explorers, but what about Jackson Kellys? Who here owns one (or more)?

Personally, I love how Kellys feel, especially when I am playing while standing. The weight distribution is perfect for me.

My kelly started out as a JS30ke, but the only original part left is the body. Swapped for all black hardware, made in USA neck, Seymour Duncan SH-5 custom. Also made it single volume knob (goes to 11!) and filled in the neck pickup slot. Flat black paint :kickass:

p.s. This is an older pic and it's back in the US while I'm working abroad, so I can't take new ones.

The Kelly looks more like a weapon then a guitar :). Sadly last time I tried a japan Kelly there was to much of a neck dive.....same thing with the japan king V and RR models. I've always been a Jackson lover but since the 90's there is no point buying them unless you go with the USA select series.

You in MY world now bitches!
Los.jpg

I love the Kelly. It's like a cracked out Explorer. I remember playing an old performer for a while and don't remember it being a neckdiver, at least not half as bad as cheap BC Riches...