Jackson neck standard?

Mammoth

Capsicum Slave
Feb 19, 2003
The Land of TAXES [SWE]
Visit site
Just got a hold of a Jackson sharktooth inlay, US made, ivory sided neck by an accidental encounter (read faith). It is a beaut', looks completely unused!!! Thinking about buying a shitty RR3 performer and slapping in on there, to both abuse and to hang the damn thing on my wall. So should the neck fit? (If it is a snugg fit I might even go for some EMG actives, buying them off a poor ass student in my builiding (ha ha his loss!!)). Jackson should have some sort of a standard measurements right? Warmoth has bodies anyone know if that might fit? I am openly doing the poser act, going for that Alexi looking guitar, do not have the $4000 to buy the real thing so I am going at it K-mart style! :lol:

*strikes a completely out dated Twister Sisters pose sticking out his tounge waving his hand around, jumping around on one leg like Agnus Young*

The necks differ from model to model. You might have to enlarge the neck pocket, or, put shims in it.. What model did you get again?

RockBodom said:
The necks differ from model to model. You might have to enlarge the neck pocket, or, put shims in it.. What model did you get again?

phew... Beats me it is a late 80's 24 fret Jackson USA neck with real Mother of Pearl sharkfin inlays and Ebony board. Guess it would US standard on it (shit it will probably break! :lol: ) My main concearn is the last two frets. if they will fit ontop of the body or... :cry: not? There is also the great question of how "high" the neck is, high string action will cause most guitarist to star their car and suck on the tailpipe until tiney stars star to clutter around the periferal vision and the gases later on killing them, dead! My guess is that the neck is pulled of some a Jackson Custom Graphic body, Dinky or soloist. But it really is more or less unplayed, the fool whome let it go had gotten the body burnt to crap by fault wiring, basically his own doing! :lol: Makes me happy though! $25 at a yardsale! Yiha

In my opinion its not a good idea to "screw" a custom own-made guitar. I strongly advice you to get the parts, check them out somewhere, if they all fit and then go to some musician workshop were some master buildier can do it for you, it will cost some money, but it will be better.

And remember to chceck if the 12th fret will be just exactly in a half-way from the 0 fret up to the string bridge :bah:

Hmm... more than likely , it came off what Jackson enthusiasts refer to as a dinky, like you said, or a super strat...or Jackson strat in other words...If it has USA on the headstock, then its USA. If it doesnt, its not...But man, you would really just have to find an RR3, take some measurements, and spec them out with your neck. There was some idiot on the sinergy board trying to do the same.. make an Alexi guitar from a lower end Jackson.. IT CAN BE DONE. But, you must be willing to input lots of time and effort into it for it to come out right. I'd just say save the neck, or throw it on ebay and make some profit... I cant really guide you much more than that, since the data isnt on hand...but ill be glad to help in any other way...

RockBodom said:
There was some idiot on the sinergy board trying to do the same.. make an Alexi guitar from a lower end Jackson.. IT CAN BE DONE.

What the FUCK!? Idiot? He fucking made a guitar and did it well... How the FUCK is Delt an idiot.

Sorry...I just said idiot...because i wanted to I guess. Yeah, what he did was cool, for what he had. I.E. Its a good self-built guitar, but far from anything professional imo. But could I have done that guitar? Probably not. So take it either way.

NeedledWarheart said:
What the FUCK!? Idiot? He fucking made a guitar and did it well... How the FUCK is Delt an idiot.

Hey nice and easy. Yeah looks like Delt got him self elbow deep in the same project. But man those last two frets must be useless! I can really understand why Laiho carved the last part out on his costume V. I am thinking about slapping on two humbuckers though probably the Emg 83/81. But yeah looks like a shit load of work. Being let's say less energetic than your average up and going young youth (reads lazyassmother-f) it looks like I just might sell the damn thing of on the bay should it not fit right of the bat. Crabbing around with sandpaper isn't my cup of tea. I was Hoping to get a body of Warmoth, get it coloured, slapp in those electronics and have the world hold its breath with amazement due to my awesome creation! :lol: man was I on crack or what!! :guh:

@Rockbodom, yeah the finished guitar IMO did look like something you would find at a fleemarket. Probably plays good and all that, but that V bodie? Can't be a jackson not wiht those pick setups!!! Probably drop that Delt fellow a mail. I will PM you if I have some questions later on!! COOL?

mammoth,

It's a rhoads. dont doubt that. Anyone cant put a route in the guitar for a pickup. Just get a drill and some other tools and your good to go. I mean, the dude looks like he spent time and effort on it, and kudos to him for that. But for a project such as that, I would have thought it out more....no offense meant to him...but he could have made it look a lot cleaner, and I know its still in the development stage, as I read his posts and all...but man...I just like to see stuff that looks professional. It's just me I guess. Are ppl REALLY THAT desperate for 24 frets? Im just now getting around to ordering a custom shop randy rhoads jackson myself, but ive had 22 frets ever since ive started playing, and i can sure as hell hit the note of a 24th on a 22 fret neck...just bend up and viola...if you're good enough, it wont even sound like a bend...how good of a guitar player you are will make you sound killer...not the number of frets, or the body style, or who plays what. tone is in the fingers...not the material...Delt seems like a level headed dude tho. So he knows his shit about guitars if he's got that far with that thing. I hope at least. Yeah, go ahead and PM me or shoot me a mail. Im always open.

RockBodom said:
mammoth,

I just like to see stuff that looks professional. It's just me I guess. Are ppl REALLY THAT desperate for 24 frets? Im just now getting around to ordering a custom shop randy rhoads jackson myself, but ive had 22 frets ever since ive started playing, and i can sure as hell hit the note of a 24th on a 22 fret neck...just bend up and viola...if you're good enough, it wont even sound like a bend...how good of a guitar player you are will make you sound killer...not the number of frets, or the body style, or who plays what. tone is in the fingers...not the material Yeah, go ahead and PM me or shoot me a mail. Im always open.

Well problem solved... Man I have just had a run-of-luck in the past couple of days. Here it is:
Sitting at a bar in Stockholm talking about this project and... this longhaired freak pops up out of nowhere and askes about the neck... He has just broken his while on tour(thank you *undisclosed name of airline here*). Exchange of phone numbers= two days later we hook up again and he is just amazed. Turns out that it is some costum job neck, he insists on buying it but... we end up making an exchange, the neck and $150 and i now have a RR3 black, with the sharktooth inlay!? Man this building projects are a BREEZE!!! :lol: