Jaded Heart - Helluvatime

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Are there any fans of this band here? I bought their latest, Helluvatime, the other day and really like it. The music and vocals aren't over done, but melodic enough for my taste. Since this is the only dics I have by these guys, is their other stuff as solid as this one?

Thanks,

~Brian~

For sure, I thought HELLUVA TIME was one of the best albums of 2005,
reminded me of a cross between XYZ and Fifth Angel's more AORish stuff (with a bit of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard mixed in).

IV is also very good but with a different vocalist...

Guess what? Go to my radio show myspace page and see what CD is in my top 20 of all time. ;)

Helluva Time IMO is one of the best melodic hard rock CD's ever recorded. "Dreams You'll Never See", and "Tomorrow Comes" are so fucking good IMO. The production, lyrics, melodies....top notch through and through. Even the cover song "Paid My Dues" originally from pop singer Anastasia is killer!

Glad to see some other sppreciate this disc as much as I do.

For sure, I thought HELLUVA TIME was one of the best albums of 2005,
reminded me of a cross between XYZ and Fifth Angel's more AORish stuff (with a bit of Bon Jovi and Def Leppard mixed in).

IV is also very good but with a different vocalist...

Oops logged in above as wrong account. I'll just have this one deleted lol

Anyways yeah the new singer is from the band Scudiero. The entire back catalog is sung by Michael Bormann whos been on a plethora of CD's as a singer. One of my favs being the overlooked Charade albums.

BTW......if you love this type of heavier AOR/Hard Rock, you'll definately wanna check out my radio show once it goes to 3 hours in March. The last half of my show will be dedicated to this type of music rather than the Power/Prog stuff I focus on right now.

I have tons and tons of stuff in this genre, and not just known acts either. So keep on eye out for that, or see my own message board found in the 2nd link in my sig. :)

Been a Jaded Heart fan for along time. To me, Helluva Time is another band with a similar name. When the guy (Michael Bormann) quit the band stopped. I mean hell, he started the band, played guitar and sang, and wrote every single song that they released.

You'll like Trust, maybe even more than Helluva Time.

Jaded Heart is an awesome melodic rock band! You can feel comfortable checking out all of their cds for that matter! Great hooks, some good chunky riffs on some songs, some pretty mellow-ness on others. Highly recommended.

I think "The Journey Will Never End" is their best overall and most would be surprised to know that they do a ripping cover of The Backstreet Boys' "Larger Than Life". (yes, I said "ripping" and "Backstreet Boys" in the same sentence). Check that cd out for sure!

Jaded Heart is an awesome melodic rock band! You can feel comfortable checking out all of their cds for that matter! Great hooks, some good chunky riffs on some songs, some pretty mellow-ness on others. Highly recommended.

I think "The Journey Will Never End" is their best overall and most would be surprised to know that they do a ripping cover of The Backstreet Boys' "Larger Than Life". (yes, I said "ripping" and "Backstreet Boys" in the same sentence). Check that cd out for sure!

That's odd that they do mainstream pop covers. :)